Chapter 8: Game

(Shizuo's POV)

I arrive earlier at the asylum today. I have to refrigerate the strawberry parfait to make sure it's still in tip top condition once Izaya gets it.

"Oh, good morning," I greet the cafeteria ladies.

They greet me back and I ask them if it was ok to refrigerate something. They say it's fine so I hand over the strawberry parfait.

"We'll keep an eye on this Heiwajima-san!" One of the younger ladies said.

I smile, "Thank you!"

I walk to Izaya's room to check on him. He might be sleeping, I remembered. Well, this might be the only chance I get to see Izaya sleeping. I take my time walking over to his room. There's this part of me hoping that he's awake. I want to spend more time with him to be honest. I finally get to his door and reach for the doorknob, but my hand starts to twitch.

I hear a faint whimper from inside the room.

I hear grunts and groans.

I hear the bed creaking.

He wasn't alone, that demon was with him.

My hand froze- no- my whole body froze.

I almost forgot that this was just a game. I almost forgot that Izaya was being raped and tortured. I was this close to being submerged into the fact that the asylum was just an enchanted place that brought me and Izaya together.

Yet there was a darker side to this asylum...

If I strained hard enough, I could hear Izaya crying out. It was like he was reaching out to me.

I placed my hand on the doorknob, but hesitated to open it. I couldn't bring myself to open it, not just yet. Several events must happen before I can confront Izaya. If I mess up the order, Izaya could... no! It won't be like last time! But for now, I have to be ignorant of Mr. K.'s actions.

I pull back my hand and continue walking to end of the hallway.

One more month, just... one more. If all goes well, then maybe- maybe...

~

(Izaya's POV)

"Ahh, what a waste, my brand new uniform is dirty..." Mr. K. holds his blazer up.

"Good... it doesn't fit you anyways," I hold my breath.

"Haah! What did you say you bitch?" He grabs my hair, "Tch, going for another round is pointless now, say goodbye to today's meal. You won't be eating today."

And with that, he leaves my room. I lie back down on my bed, without bothering to put my clothes on.

I lay there, naked, bruised, scarred.

~

"Izaya!" Shizu-chan barges into my room.

I was distracted by a squirrel just outside my window that I don't even bother to turn around.

"Izaya," Shizu-chan says my name again, but instead, he lightly bites the tip on my ear.

He surely got my attention, "Wha- Wha-What is i-it?!"

"I got permission to go up the rooftop with you," he holds up a key.

"Really?" I ask, a bit intrigued.

He nods, "Mhmm, too bad you're room isn't on the third floor or something, the view would be beautiful up there."

"But I can't the people on the first floor are the people that have to be specially looked after for, I just happen to be one of them, " I bluntly explain.