Chapter 3: Further

(Shizuo's POV)

"W-What do you mean by 'breakdown?!' Wasn't this just simple anemia?" I shouted, infuriated on how I didn't notice earlier.

"Don't worry," Mr. K assured me, "I told you we have an important procedure that we follow each time this happens."

"Each time," I snapped back to my senses, "How much times has this happened?"

"To be exact, 257 times, now it's 258," he sighed heavily with grief, "And over 200 people have been injured by him and in the worse cases, they even get killed.

Izaya has done that?! That's ridiculous, sure he may not be right in the head, but if he's able to smile after every single person he's killed then is his personality a facade? A mask to cover up the truth? I clenched my fist and look down at Izaya who's head has been lying on my lap, right now he looks vulnerable, not able to do a single thing.

Mr. K tells me his plan, "We have to go in lockdown now! And to give you the heads up, metal walls will slide down from the outside to protect everyone inside. Only Orihara-san's room is left wide open, his room won't be shielded with metal so  that means his window is fully in view. So if we were to chase him down to his room, he'll try to escape from the window and that's where we'll trap  him. Then another set of guards will be outside to get him."

"But we don't need to lockdown," I hissed.

"Oh and another thing, this place will get dark soon, emergency lights will turn on, but they're dim. If we lockdown during the day, Orihara-san's room is the only place that has light," he looks at his watch, ignoring my previous comment.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I'll need to alert everyone or else we'll be too late," Mr. K walked closer to the wall where a red button has been placed. It was guarded with a clear plastic cover and Mr. K took out a set of keys to open it.

"What're you gonna do?"

"We might... No- if he gets uncontrollable..." Mr. K was hesitant, "We'll have to put him down."

"H-How about another way?!" I barked at him, "If you ever try to hurt Izaya by force then I won't tolerate it."

"There's no other way, I'm sorry," Mr. K looks at me apologetically, "We'll find you a new partner to take care of."

(Izaya's POV)

Everything is changing, my eyes are getting covered up in darkness. I can't hear what the outside world is saying, only muffled voiced echoed throughout my ears. The only sound I can hear were the echoes inside my world, they were the sounds of children's laughter and screams. I knew very well that the other me was coming, it was coming to get me. Yet I tried so hard to lock away the other me inside my heart.

I glance helplessly at Shizu-chan and Mr. K. Shizu-chan was shouting something at Mr. K, but I can't quite make out what he was saying. Mr. K presses a button on the wall to make an announcement. The lights shutdown and the emergency lights go on, the red lights flash on and off.

It blinded me, but the sight of red made me think of blood. Blood? That's funny, why would I think of blood right now? Other workers dragged their patients into each room until Shizu-chan, Mr. K, and I were only left.

Why was everybody panicking? I wasn't going to hurt them or anything, that would be stupid! Just then, something switched off in my mind. My blood was pumping, I was full of energy, my heart was pounding with excitement. I wanted... I wanted to kill...