Chapter 3

The next couple of weeks just got weirder and weirder. Certain students stopped showing up to class. More and more as the weeks went on. Sooner or later, there were barely anyone in any of Elena's classes and the school.

On the way to school, Elena's mind was focused on the sudden drop in attendance and the jump of nervousness among the professors. She parked her car and grabbed her belongings before locking her car and walking toward the building where her Medical Terminology class was.

She'd also come home to emails and reminders from the Health and Wellness department  with large amounts of the sugar pills. She would be reminded almost every day to take them otherwise the experiment wouldn't work.

"Ms. Daniels?" Elena turned around to see the president of the college and three men dressed in black.

"How can I help you Mr. Massey?" She said shifting her books to her other arm.

"Could you please come to my office?" He said in a calm voice. "It's about your financial aid"

"But sir I'm not on financial aid" she said. He turned back and laughed before a reading small note.

"Sorry wrong person, I need to speak with you about your class selection for next semester. Your advisor told me to do so" Elena nodded hesitating before walking behind Mr. Massey.

----------

The door closed behind them as Elena sat down in one of the plush chairs in the office. Mr. Massey sat down at his desk and began to pull out papers and shuffle them around. He looked up at her with a sad expression.

"Ms. Daniels, you know I have a connection with your family" he said. "Ever since your father and brother went here, I've always known that you'd do great." He smiled before his face returned to the grim expression.

"I'm sorry Elena"

"Sorry for wha-" The three men grabbed the much shorter girl, tied her hands behind her back, taped her mouth shut before injecting her with a strange purple liquid. Elena's vision became blurred and soon she was asleep.

"Thank you sir" one of the three men said as the other lifted the unconscious girl over his shoulder. Mr. Massey nodded slightly refusing to look at the girl.

"Just go Henry"

"Don't forget we're not done with the list"  Henry said. "This girl is one of the more important specimen but we're not done yet. We still need one more"

"Yes, yes" Mr. Massey was on the verge of tears. "Simon Plummer"