[4] Truth (Edited Version)

Kara was helping me with my outfit when Alex came over with a big smile on her face which means she knows about my date.

"Who's Kyle Rayner, Vera?!" Alex asked.

"He's a friend from the Daily Planet....we met through Lois and Jimmy," I explained.

"Oh?! Is he coming over here?" She asked.

"Yes but please don't tell Clark about this," I begged.

"What's he going to do?" Kara asked.

"Either he does his twin brother thing or approve of this relationship and want to double date with Lois," I argued.

"I can actually picture that double date more than having a disapproval of your relationship," Alex teased.

There was a knock at the door so I quickly changed into the best outfit we agreed upon and Alex went to the door to greet Kyle Rayner.

"Hi, I'm Alex Danvers...this is my sister, Kara and we're so happy to officially meet you," Alex greeted.

"Nice to meet you both...I'm Kyle Rayner, a friend of your cousin, Vera," he greeted.

I went to greet Kyle as Kara took a quick photo of us before we left to have dinner together. Kyle took me to this nice romantic restaurant which is supposed to be expensive.

"This is a nice place you brought me to, Kyle," I complemented.

"Well, I believe you're supposed to impress a girl on the first date," Kyle explained.

"So...how's everything going in Metropolis?" I asked.

"It's going great but I do miss your occasional visits to the Daily Planet," he mentioned.

"I needed a break from Metropolis especially after Intergang broke into my apartment when I made that one blog post with Lois," I explained.

"I forgot about that story you and Lois did together because Perry didn't want any trouble with them," Kyle sighed.

"I mean thank god for Superman coming to my rescue when I needed him," I smirked.

"About that...how did your mother take the news?" Kyle asked.

"She was relieved but also upset that I would put myself in that situation," I chuckled.

"I was also relieved that Superman was able to rescue you too....cause I like you a lot and I would hate for something to happen to you before I got the chance to tell you," he smirked.

"You like me?"

"Yeah, I do and I know how you feel about dating someone from the Daily Planet since Clark works there with Lois but I believe this is worth the risk," Kyle blushed.

"Kyle, there's things that you don't know about me and if you knew what those things are, I'm scared it might push you away from me," I sighed.

"You're a blogger who reports on heroes like Superman, Supergirl, and Power Girl...believe me when I say that I can handle whatever you throw at me," he assured.

"I hope you can cause-"

Suddenly, I was grabbed by Bizarro and she used some ducktape on my wrists which means she doesn't know I'm Power Girl. I look over to see Jimmy was also captured so I had to be careful with my every move as I didn't want Jimmy to get hurt by Bizarro.

"I believe your date with Kyle ended abruptly," Jimmy said.

"Yeah, copycat over there grabbed me in the middle of our date and now, I can't change into my suit without getting you killed," I muttered.

"I'll try to distract her while you escape and change into your suit," he whispered.

Jimmy was talking to Bizarro while I broke the tape and sped out of there fast enough for her to not notice so I can change. Once I was Power Girl, I went back inside to fight her for as long as possible when Kara finally arrived to help with Bizarro. After that was taken care of, I went looking for Kyle who I knew was worried about me and he got me a latte and cinnamon rolls.

"Clark told me this is your go-to whenever you're stressed out or busy and being kidnapped by an evil Supergirl counts as a stressful day," Kyle said.

"Thank you so much and don't tell Clark about this please," I begged.

"Your secret's safe with me, Kent," he teased.

We both laughed it off and went to finish our date that was rudely interrupted.

[Few Weeks Later]

I woke up to Alex texting me about something being wrong with Kara. I went over to the DEO to meet with Alex and Jonn to talk about what's going on with Kara.

"What's up???" I greeted.

"Have you noticed something off about Kara?" Alex asked.

"Besides the new attitude she's got going on," I mentioned.

"What the hell is going here?"

"Well, all I know is that she started to change after that fire she helped out with a few days ago," I revealed.

"We'll check it out while you keep an eye on Kara for us," Jonn said.

"Yes sir," I agreed.

I flew back into the city when I heard Cat Grant and I caught her just in time as I went face to face with Kara.

"What The Hell Is Wrong With You?!" I snapped.

"There She Is! Our Newest Kryptonian Hero To The Rescue!" Kara hissed.

"You're Not Well, Supergirl! This Isn't Who You Are!" I argued.

"Oh, Shut Up Power Girl! Do Yourself A Favor And Go Back To Metropolis Where You Can Be A Hero With Your Brother!!!" She argued.

"I'm Not Leaving National City At The Hands Of Supergirl Gone Rogue!" I argued.

"IS THAT A THREAT, CUZ?!" Kara snapped.

"THE HELL IT IS, CUZ!" I snapped.

I went off to the DEO where I heard that Maxwell Lord created the Synthetic Kryptonite affecting Kara.

"Congratulations Max! You Just Turn Supergirl Into The Monster You Feared She'd Become!" I snapped.

"What happened???"

"Supergirl Just Threw Cat Grant Out Of Her Building And I Had To Save Her Ass Because Of His Ignorance!!!" I shouted.

"Supergirl Did What?!" Winn said.

"It gets even better...Cat Grant is now going to denounce Supergirl and name me the newest hero of National City," I added.

"Look Power Girl, I didn't mean to hurt your cousin," Max said.

"Well you did anyways, Max," I scoffed.

I left the prison room as I had to figure out what to do when I felt someone next to me.

"This is going to kill her, Jonn," I whispered.

"I know but until Maxwell Lord creates that antidote, you need to protect National City," Jonn said.

He went to talk to Alex who returned from talking with Kara when I heard Senator Crane talking about her. I was off looking for Kara when I heard gunfire so I immediately tackled Kara into an SUV to stop her from killing Alex.

"THIS ISN'T YOU, KARA!!!" I pleaded.

She headbutted me and punched me into a building but I dragged her against the building and punched her through it. We were countering each other's move until Kara grabbed my arm swung me into the ground, punching me repeatedly but I caught her. We grabbed each other's throat as I gave Alex a clear shot but she was hesitant to fire it since I'm also in the way.

"Power Girl, Get Out Of The Way!" Alex shouted.

"JUST DO IT!" I groaned.

Suddenly, Jonn tackled me out of the way as Alex took the shot and I noticed he was in his Martian form.

"No?!" I said.

"It was the only way to save you from it possibly affecting you," Jonn said.