[5] Redemption (Edited Version)

I went back to the apartment as I noticed Clark calling me about what happened tonight with Kara.

"Hey Clark...you and ma saw the fight, I guess you would've by now; I'll call her and let her know that I'm okay...Kara is going to need some time but she's okay physically," I said.

Suddenly, I hear someone entering the apartment so I cleaned the place up a bit.

"Thanks for calling, I promise to let ma know that I'm okay...I'll see you soon, love you, bye," I added.

Kara entered her apartment and I opened my arms for her to run into them.

"I'm so sorry for putting you into this position," Kara apologized.

"Don't worry, I promise that they'll trust you again within due time," I assured her.

"I just feel bad about everything even putting Jonn into a tricky position where he had to expose himself to save you," she sighed.

"Kara, you weren't yourself and I feel just as guilty about Jonn as you do," I sighed.

Kara and I spent the next couple of weeks working on rebuilding the trust people have with Supergirl but to no avail. Kara and I were asked to come to the DEO when I saw Lucy was here which means the government is involved.

"Nope, not happening...I'm heading out," I refused.

"I don't think so, Power Girl," Lucy said.

"I'm sorry but I don't work for the DEO...everything I've done with Supergirl were freebies so I have the right to leave and protect National City," I scoffed.

"You're staying put until we can get every information you have on Jonn Jonzz," Man said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Colonel James Harper and I'm here to investigate Jonn Jonzz and his infiltration," he introduced himself.

"Well, like I said...I don't work for you or the government so I'll see you when I see you," I stated.

I was walking away when the soldiers aimed their guns at me and I turn around to Col. Harper and Lucy Lane.

"Major Lane, Colonel Harper, I'm not Supergirl...Superman and I are siblings, more specifically my twin which means you're taking a very huge risk in threatening me," I warned.

"She's right, Colonel...Supergirl works for the DEO, not Power Girl," Lucy agreed.

"Stand Down," Harper ordered.

I smiled and walked away to go update the Metro Blog before calling Ma who was probably still worried about me after my battle with Kara.

"Hey ma, how's everything going at the farm??? I'm good but I feel really bad about taking Kara's place as the hero of National City...I don't even live here, ma; I would love to come to Smallville for a visit and have some of your delicious cooking but first, I have to fix things up between Supergirl and National City...I love you too," I explained.

I hung up and continued to check out my blog while dealing with the ramifications of the Red Kryptonite along with Kara.

"Kara, I know National City isn't exactly happy with you but I promise they will love you again," I comforted her.

"It's just that...I want to make things right with them so badly that I don't know what to do anymore," Kara explained.

"You can't force an entire city to like you again...that's like Metropolis quickly trusting Luthor repeatedly without question," I argued.

"True..."

"Anyways, I promise to visit Ma in Smallville for a bit before heading back to Metropolis but call me if anything happens," I mentioned.

"Alright, I'll take you to the bus stop so you can head over to Smallville," Kara sighed.

"I wish I could do more about this situation but I'd probably make it worse as Power Girl and as Vera Kent, people are more interested in stories on Power Girl and Superman," I said.

"You've done so much for me and I'm truly grateful for it so thank you for being there," she assured.

We were off to the bus stop where I left to Smallville to visit Ma for a weekend before heading back to Metropolis.

"Hey Ma," I smiled.

"How's my little girl doing?"

"Awful...I feel like I just robbed Kara of her duties as Supergirl," I sighed.

"Come on, let's get some home-cooked meals into that stomach of yours," Ma said.

"It's good to be home, ma," I smiled.

"It's good to have you back...I'll let Clark know you're here when we get to the house," she smiled.

"Yeah, I need long nap after the crazy month I've had," I said.

We were off to the farm where I can finally relax without being Power Girl for a few days.