12 - can time heal?

Blake

It felt great to get back together with her. It does. She's still that nerd she is, but I don't care. She apologized to the people she hurt, and she's back with us now, and everything's back to normal.

That's when I thought it is.

She started getting headaches and getting more feverish than she ever was before. We took her for a checkup, but the doctor said she was fine and nothing was completely wrong with her. We thought she got sick because of the change of weather (it started snowing then raining then sunny again), but no, she wasn't.

It's been a week since we got her to the hospital. She kept puking and getting more headaches than usual. I was starting to get worried. Who wouldn't? Her lips were pale as ever. She sleeps for a whole week, then her heart goes from normal to fucking insane, then stops and we always thought she was dead. But she looks well, even though her heart threatens to stop.

The good times was starting to fade away quickly in a blink of an eye.

Before she got this sick, I didn't remember her not smiling at everything. She's the now regular school girl that she is, and her complete attendance stopped, her absences taking longer than expected. She's fainted tons of times, and I think her faintness didn't choose time or place. She fainted everywhere, she's been sent to emergency a lot of times, you can't even count it on your fingers. The doctors tried to examine her but she just kept telling me that she was okay.

That's what I hoped.

She's been a coma for six weeks now, she's not pregnant (I checked, as a boyfriend), and there wasn't wrong with her either. Now I'm looking at her skinny and pale state, no muscle moved, except for her stomach that was moving up and down rhythmically. The tubes attached to her was the only think keeping her alive. I held her hand and absentmindedly rubbing my thumb against her fingers. "Allie..." I muttered. "Allie please..." Tears started to well up in my eyes again. Damn tears. "Allie please, if you can hear me, please, please, wake up. Don't give up on me, I don't want you to go yet. Remember? Remember what we discussed about five weeks ago? About how we're going to go to the same college our parents went to? About how we're going to get married? Ab—" I was cut off by my sob. I put my head on her arm and cried there. I cried my whole heart out, I didn't notice Lara, her best friend, come in and immediately comforted me.

"I know its hard, Blake. But she'll wake up. I promise." I looked at her. "You promise." She closed her eyes and nodded. "I promise." she smiled. We both just sat in silence for a few moments, and then a moment later, Allie's hand jerked up to her face. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. We froze on the spot, unable to move because of surprise. "Lara? Blake?" we both smiled and hugged her. "Hey... what's wrong?" she smiled. "Don't make us worry like that again." Lara scowled. "What? Worry? Did- Did I do something wrong?" she asked, confused. "You were in a coma for six weeks, you bonehead." Lara answered. "I-I was? I thought I was only asleep." she muttered, rubbing her forehead. "You were," I said, earning a look of surprise from Allie. "just for a really long time." She frowned. "But my classes—" "School's out for the holidays, Allie." I looked down on my lap. "I'm sorry."

------

Allie and I went out on a date that Saturday afternoon. "Was I really asleep for six weeks?" she asked, out of the blue, as we were walking down at my house. "Yeah, we were plenty worried about you, Al." I said, putting my arms around her and she laid her head on my shoulder.

I want— no, need, to freeze this moment and frame it. I could never be so in love with her.

----------

hi! kinda like a filler chapter because of how short it is. (truth is, i never got around continuing the chapter so i just added a few words and made it look like its the end. xD #imabadperson

i know this is like... out of the blue but i can already imagine Elle MacPherson (ABSOLUTE QUEEN AND BAE MY GOD) as Allie's mom. haha

so before the story ends, who would you like our dearest celebrities cast as ALL of the characters in the story?

me? honestly, i can never make up my mind 'bout it. its up to you <3

tootles! xxL