Chapter 3

Paris P.O.V

I was done visiting my mom, I rolled my wheel out of her room and towards an elevator. Before I made it to the elevator, I bumped into someone, well almost ran their foot over.

"I'm so sorry." I said worriedly, hoping I hadn't hurt them.

"Its fine." I heard him chuckle, wait a minute, his voice, it sounds similar.

I looked up and saw a familiar face, "Ashton?" I asked once I saw his face clearly.

"Hey Paris!" He said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I'm here visiting my little sister, how about you?"

"I'm visiting my mom. Well was. Now I'm leaving." I told him.

"Yea me too... Hey do you maybe want to go grab something to eat with me?" He asked kinda nervous.

"I'd love too." I told him.

He grinned, "Great, I know a great place that is right around here, like 5 minutes away."

I nodded and we walked out, well I rolled out (Hehe get it? No? I'll stop) Ashton next to me walking.

Once we got there, Ashton ordered his food and drink.

"Do you want anything Paris?" He asked me once he finished his.

"No thank you." I shook my head no, not wanting him to waste his money on me.

"Come on, order something I'll pay, my treat." He smiled, I really can't say no to that.

"Ok... I guess I'll have a um the biscuit with egg and cheese on it." I told him.

I really didn't want him to pay for my food but he was being too nice and cute and I just couldn't say no. The cash register nodded and told Ashton the price, after that he said our food will be coming soon. Ashton and I went to find a table to sit, once we found a table, he sat down and I moved my chair towards the end of the table and we talked till our food came.

"If you don't mind me asking, how long has your mom been at the hospital?" Ashton asked me.

"She has been in there for 2 years."

"What kind of cancer?"

"Breast Cancer." I frowned.

"I'm sorry."

"Its fine, how long has your sister been there and what cancer does she have."

"She has been in there for 4 years now, and has leukemia."

"I'm sorry." I told him.

"What about your family?" I asked.

"We don't know them, my sister and I are orphans, we were with a foster family when I was like 11 and she was 2 but they were terrible to us, they would hit us and um-."

"Ash, its ok you don't have to tell me." I gave him a small smile.

He nodded, "anyways what about your dad?"

"He died when I was 4 in a car crash, I don't remember him that much though."

"I'm sorry about your loss and mom..."

"Its ok."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked changing the subject.

I raised an eyebrow at him, this is the second time we met and he is already asking if I have a boyfriend.

"What?" He asked clueless.

"Nothing." I snorted.

"But I use too, he broke up with me 3 months ago." I frowned.

"What happened?"

"He didn't want to be seen with me anymore."

He looked so confused, "why wouldn't he want to be seen with you, you're beautiful."

'No I'm not, I'm a freak.' I thought.

"Thanks I guess, but ever since I got into a car crash causing me to not feel my legs anymore and be in this chair he just didn't want too be with me."

Ashton looked pissed.

"Ash, you ok?"

"Why would he do that? That's just terrible, no one deserves that. Its his lost, you're beautiful and you will find some that loves you." Ashton told me.

'Yea right'

"Thanks." I told him.

It was silent for a while, both of us just eating our food, neither of us spoke which kinda made it awkward.

After we finished, we still were quiet. Ashton was staring at the table, so I took a chance to stare at his face (creepy I know, but I'm just trying to admire it). He has a nice tan skin, his hair is pushed back from the bandana, I can sorta see his hazel eyes, they were really pretty. Before I could continue looking at him, he looked up at me.

"Is there something on my face?" He asked.

I blushed when I realized I got caught. "Uh... No you just have really pretty eyes."

I blushed even harder, 'I did not just that'

He giggled, looking down and biting his lip.

God he really needs to stop doing this to me. This is the second time seeing him and I'm really starting to like him. I can't though, I can't have another person leave me.

"I like hanging out with you Paris." Ash told me.

"Really?"

"Yea, you're funny, cute, and I know we met twice now and that this is our first time ever hanging out, I feel like I can talk to you about anything."

My heart fluttered.

"Me too, I loved hanging out with you." I told him, smiling.

"Here, I'm going to write down my number and you can give me yours." He said writing down his number on a napkin,

Once he was done writing it, he gave me the pen and I wrote my number on a piece of napkin. Once I finished, I handed him the napkin and he handed me his.

"I had fun, but I have to go to work soon." Ashton said, standing up.

"I had fun also, I hope can do it again?" I questioned.

"Oh definitely we will do this again." He smiled.

It was a moment, we just kept staring at each other, he looked like he was tempted on saying something or whatever.

I was gonna ask him what's wrong, but he was already leaning over towards me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I blushed and stared at him and he moved back.

"Sorry" He said blushing and looking anywhere but at me.

"it-its fine." I told him.

It got awkward, "I should go." Ashton said pointing to the door.

"Yea me- me too."

We quickly glanced at each other one more time before awkwardly heading out the restaurant and heading in different directions.

I smiled just thinking about Ashton, I hope we can become great friends, hopefully even more than friends in the future.