"How are you going to track down the metas and inject them?" another reporter asks as I hum under my breath, wondering the same thing. Not like the guy could catch us anyways.

The Doctor smiles, pointing down at the serum. "Ah, the key question here. Injecting won't be necessary. I designed this to go into effect in the metas, not humans. After testing it, I found that just by breathing it in, it will reverse anything that Doctor Wells had done by creating the particle accelerator. Instead of tracking them down and using a needle, we will make it airborne."

I could tell that that was the question that triggered Jay to act. The moment I looked up at him to see what he was thinking, he is flashing away down below, blue lightning streaking behind him. I act fast as I follow him, watching him grab the Doctor as I stop in front of the serum.

Cameras snap wildly as I watch Jay, waiting for him to act first. "Sounds like a neat idea, Doctor. Too bad it won't be a reality."

After he says this, I quickly grab the display he had and shove it into my pockets. I grin as I look up at the crowd, cameras continuing to snap as a few gasps fill the room. "I think I speak for every meta out there when I say that these power aren't something to be afraid of; they didn't create this madness. If you really want to point fingers, point them at Wells, but don't ever do this again. You'll never be able to stop us."

The Doctor mumbles while Jay chokes him, holding him up off his feet so that they were dangling there. "Y-You t-thought I didn't s-see this coming?"

I narrow my eyes, but the moment after he says this, I hear something that sounded similar to a gun shot. Of course with my speed ability, in that time frame, I looked around and found what appeared to be a sniper on the farther uper level, his gun aimed right at me. Something that looked similar to a bullet, but wasn't actually a bullet soars towards me, but right before it reaches my forehead, I grab it and laugh.

"Doctor, I think you forgot that we're speedsters," I grin. "Bullets are like child's play to us."

He shakes his head. "I didn't forget."

In that moment, the bullet in my hand explodes. A scream leaves my lips the moment it does, but not because it scared me or anything along those lines; whatever was in the bullet was what made me scream. A liquid bursts from it as it lands on my skin, feeling as if it was burning me. My skin turns red as drop to the floor, barely able to process what was happening. Something in me was changing...I could feel it.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jay looking down at me, wanting to help. As he does this, the doctor in his arms pulls out a gun, aiming it at Jay before I cry out for him to watch out. Luckily, Jay notices and takes it from him and throws it to the ground, it landing by my head.

He screams at him. "What did you do to her!"

He smiles; something that reminded me of darkness. "You know why you're here...What else w-would it be?"

I could barely hear him over my screams, but I knew what he was talking about. He shot me with that damn serum.

By this point, most of the crowd was fleeing the area, and I had no idea where Dust Storm was. She probably fled the scene the moment it went south. However, after hearing him say those words, utter rage fills my body. He was taking away my powers.

Without even thinking, I grab the gun at my side and sit up onto my knees, holding it up before aiming it at his forehead. He doesn't even have time to wipe the smile off of his face before I pull the trigger, the bullet finding it's way into his brain. Blood spouts from the hole as Jay looks down at me, completely baffled.

As I lower the gun though, a feeling that I hated fills my body, and I couldn't explain it. It was like...I regretted what I did. I felt guilty for taking his life. It was the first time I've taken a life...w-what was I thinking?