"You have good grades and extracurricular activities. You don't realise it, but you have a gift in the kitchen. Now start whipping the cream!!" I laughed and did as she said.

Things were all peachy until my parents found out I was not kidding about my dreams. You could say shit hit the fan.

"How can you go against our wishes and do something like this? You want to be a baker? We come from a prestigious family and what do we tell people? That you've chosen to be a baker?" my mother said hysterically.

" Yes. Why is that so difficult? I'll be trained to be a chef at first and I'll go to pastry school." I explained as calmly as I could but I was pretty damn sure that there was a vein protruding on my forehead and it was about to pop.

"We won't be funding you at all." my father said quietly.

Even though I knew he would say that, and that I had prepared for it, it still stung.

"If you insist dad, then go ahead. I'll find my way in the world." I shrugged and went to my room.

Let's face it, the world only cared about you if you had a fancy job. I wasn't about to let that stop me from becoming successful.

My room door opened and in came the last person I wanted to see stepped in. "I heard the big fight downstairs." Sarah said smirking.

"Yea yea, now you can sleep peacefully knowing that you can get all the money." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, that is true but I feel bad for you. You can't seem to catch a break with anything or anyone. You can't get the guy you like, you can't pursue what you love." she mocked.

"I may not get what I want now Sarah. But I do know that someday, the tides will change and I'll be happier than you will ever be. Someday, Talen will figure out what you've done to him. Guys will stop chasing your sorry ass and realise they don't want a cheap easy girl like you. They'll want girls who actually care about them. If you don't mind, get out of my room. Don't let the door hit your face." I said.

"You won't dare tell Talen. You know he will reject your fat ass." she said snidely.

"Don't worry, I won't tell him. Just like every other girl out there, I am afraid of rejection. There's nothing wrong with it. Deep down, you are afraid that if he sees how dumb and empty you are, he'll reject you too." she just showed me the middle finger after I said that.

It was true. At least I hoped that what I said would come true. I didn't deserve this.

Weeks flew by, and there was still no reply from any of the places I had applied to. But the number of e-mails increased. They kept coming and I looked forward to it. Things were getting deeper between us. He opened up to me without knowing it was me he was speaking to.

Sarah,

I long for the nights we could just hang out with each other. Things out here are getting difficult by the hour. The training pushes all of us to our limits. I'm thinking about applying for the missile specialist position but won't get it for years to come. Make something out of myself you know? Oh, and I have some free time tomorrow. We could web cam for a while. I was hoping it could be like a date? Please say yes.

Talen.

"He wants to web cam with you tomorrow. It's a date." I said to Sarah reluctantly.

"Sucks to be you." she smiled and shut the door in my face.

"Yea, it does." I sighed.

The next day I could hear her giggling all the way from my room. She laughed like a hyena it was so annoying. I wanted so desperately to hear his voice. To just catch a glimpse of him. Anything at all. So I stood at Sarah's closed door and plastered myself against the door.

"Gosh Sarah. The food here is so bland. I wish you could cook for me."

"Cook.. for you?" she said probably confused as hell. She's probably never even seen our kitchen.

"Yea you told me you love to cook. Can't wait for the day you cook for me baby." his timber voice echoed through the door.

"Haha.. yea.. baby.. I can't wait too." she said stupidly.

I couldn't bare listening to anymore so I walked down. I hadn't seen Nana in a while. I laughed to myself knowing that I saw just a few days ago. Grabbing my keys, I stepped out onto the porch and realised that I had forgotten my phone.

"You bitch!" Sarah yelled at me from the upper foyer.

"Yo, bitch." I said boredly and entered my room to grab my phone. When I stepped out she was there looking at me like she just wanted to murder me.

"You fed him lies about me. I don't like to cook! I didn't even know half the things he was saying to me."

"I forwarded you all of the emails. It isn't my fault that you don't read them. I'm not going to act like you in those mails. So you have no choice but to act like me." I hurried down the stairs.

"Don't ruin this for me Kat. I want him only for me."

"Yea yea whatever. Then you reply him." I shut the door.

My phone binged and when I checked it, it was multiple emails. All from the universities. I did everything I could to calm myself down.

"Jon, get to my nana's house now." I tore through the streets of the Hamptons not giving a damn about speed limits until I was at nana's house.

"Nana, the emails are here." I screamed.

"Let's just sit down and calm ourselves." she said smiling.

"I sure as hell hope you haven't opened them without me!!!" Jon came bursting through.

"When you're ready honey." she squeezed my hand softly.

I clicked the mails open. My future was about to be set.