𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐒

Start from the beginning

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

⠀⠀. *   ✦ .  ⁺  ✦  .⁺  ˚
. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .
✦ .     ⁺ ⁺  ✦

     LIFE IS NOT FAIR, THE ODDS ARE NEVER IN YOUR FAVOR. The good guys don't win, not really even if they are manipulated to belief so. They kill and kill and kill so many people to become that victor, but in reality it's a fate worse than death. You're haunted by the ghosts of broken families, crying and pleading children and seeing life fade away right in front of you. The games are not fair and the odds are never in your favor. Deep inside you lose this innocence, that last piece of chilhood and you're told to think you owe them everything, that they made your life better but in reality they are the ones who made it bad in the first place and continue doing so.

Erin Benton was one of the victors, the one whose odds were favourable, the one whose life was spared. the one haunted by guilt, and plagued by nightmares. She had been put on a pedestal, preemed and primed to stand above everyone else. To be viewd as invincible, to be a simple throphy collecting dust on the shelve of President Snow. To smile and not speak her mind, to laugh but not dare utter rebellious whispers. Erin Benton is nothing more than a shell of her former self, a little girl long gone. Now only stands a woman with a quiet fire raging in her heart, brewing under the surface where it can be safely hidden. but even she hungers for change, for freedom.

But that's the thing, if you're oppresed, if you are beating but not yet broken your skin grows tough, your heart inflames and a flicker of hope is all there is needed to spark a rebellion. Katniss Everdeen was that spark, the ember in the darkness that would lit up all the districts and burn the capitol down. The odds where shifting but they did everything to make sure the rebels were stopped, bringing victors into the arena was his masterplan but he would underestimate their willpower.

he shall regret that forever.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

⠀⠀. *   ✦ .  ⁺  ✦  .⁺  ˚
. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .
✦ .     ⁺ ⁺  ✦

. ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* 🌊🐚💦

❝catch on fire if you must, sometimes everything needs to burn to the ground so that we may grow ❞

sometimes everything needs to burn
to the ground so that we may grow

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂