{Old} - Poe Dameron/Finn

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes but laughed with him," It's just awkward, Finn. I don't really want to talk to him after-"

"Finn!" We both looked up to see Poe jogging to us

"Shit!" I groaned

Finn smiled softly," You don't have to talk if you don't want to." He whispered to me," You'll be fine. I'm right here."

I smiled at him gratefully and kissed his cheek before Poe stood in front of us.

"(Y/N)?" I bit my lip as I faced him," You're here? How?"

I shrugged," I was recruited. I'm a medic."

"How long ago?" The man frowned

"Over three years ago." I looked up at Finn and smiled," Finn was the first one to help me around."

My boyfriend smiled sheepishly," It was the least I could do for the most beautiful girl I laid my eyes on."

"Stop it." I giggled. Finn never ceased to give me compliments and flatter me no matter what

"So you two are together?" I turned my attention away from Finn to Poe who had hurt and betrayal in his eyes

I smiled and nodded," Almost three years." I hummed as Finn held my hand in his

"Guess you were serious when you said we had to move on." The man clenched his jaw

"That was over six years ago, get over yourself." I rolled my eyes

"You should get over yourself. You still love me, I know it. You're still in love with me." Poe's voice was slightly raising with anger

"I stopped loving you for years, Poe. I love Finn, that won't change."

Finn held me protectively closer to him which I was grateful for. I was starting to remember why I truly left Poe. Finn cared for me, Poe cared for himself and his image.

"You're lying to yourself." Poe shook his head

"Finn treats me better than you ever will. He knows about absolutely everything and he's still here for me. I love Finn, not you Poe. You need to face reality."

"You can't be-"

"She's very serious, Poe. I'm sorry, man. You're an amazing friend and everything but I can't have you disrespecting my girl like that. Especially her choices and our relationship." I looked up with wide eyes at Finn

He had told me before that Poe was one of his great friends but I never thought Finn would choose to defend me over Poe. My heart melted at his words, feeling unexplainable love for him.

"Now tell me what you came over here to talk to me about." Finn said curtly, wanting this matter to be over with

"I have to go talk to Leia, love. I'll see you in a bit." I smiled up at Finn

All his tension towards Poe seeped away when he looked at me and he smiled, nodding. He leaned down to kiss me and I hummed happily, kissing him back lovingly.

"See you." He smiled at me and I nodded, walking off without a second glance at Poe

From then on, Poe came to our base for months at a time, stating that he had a lot of business to attend to here yet I knew it was just to be around me. It annoyed me but I let it slip away whenever I was with Finn. My boyfriend let all my troubles leave my mind whenever he was around which made me so grateful.

I hummed softly as we sat with Rey at lunch, laughing and talking with one another. Finn and Rey were sharing the story of their recent mission together when Poe sat down at our table, across from me.

I looked over at Finn who put his hand on my thigh comfortingly and gave Poe a small smile," Hey, Poe."

The latter smiled at his friend," Hey, Finn. How are you guys?" He turned to me with a slight smirk

Rey smiled," We're fine. (Y/N), I've got something to look at with Leia, wanna come with me?" She knew how uncomfortable Poe made me and I was grateful that she was willing to help me avoid him

"Yes, of course." I looked over at Finn who smiled and nodded. I smiled, giving him a sweet kiss at which he returned before getting up and following Rey out," Thank you so much."

Rey laughed," Its the least I can do. Poe doesn't really know how to take a hint."

"Tell me about it." I shook my head," He's unrelenting. I've told him it's over, he just doesn't get it."

Rey smiled at me sympathetically," Hopefully he will soon enough."

I nodded," Hopefully."

Days later, I was in my room when Poe walked in. I looked up and frowned when I saw him," Why are you here?"

"I wanted to properly talk to you without your boyfriend being here."

I raised my eyebrow. Finn was in a meeting at the moment and I had a short break before having to go back to the medical bay to check up on my patients.

"Make it quick." I told him, crossing my arms

"What do you see in him? Were you that desperate?" Poe asked, smirking

I rolled my eyes," If you're here to talk bad about my boyfriend, you can leave. I was never desperate and he's handsome."

"Why don't you come back to me? I'm obviously far more better than him."

"Better at hurting people, that is. He loves me and cares for me. You could never amount to him. I still can't believe I spent so long believing that you actually loved me." I shook my head, scoffing at myself

"I loved you and I still do. I will never stop loving you, (Y/N)."

I shrugged as I got up and walked past him. I stood outside of my room before turning back to him," The feeling's not mutual. I suggest you get out of my personal life. I will never come back to you."