CHAPTER 1

ONE: "A way home."

HE watched the doorway of the night bar as it opens, watching the successive entry of the De Veras- one of the famous and riches families on their Sociedad.

Oscar and Luther De Vera entered first but they were accompanied by the latter's wife who came from Manila who, as far as he knows, is now staying here in Mindanao for good. Oscar went straight to his women and had fun there. The next to enter the bar's door was Rebecca De Vera who he also heard had married a man from Manila, behind her were the sweet couple- Althea and Liam.

His eyes narrowed to Althea. He must admit, he used to have a crush on Althea. She's the exact type of what he's looking for in a girl when it comes to the physical aspect. She has long and straight hair with a hairpin on the side of the ear, a soft aura, and a kind and gentle beautiful face.

He just laughed to himself and shook his head. He's crazy. He's crazy laying an eye on one of their family's mortal enemies. Yes, you heard it right. The De Vera is his family's most crucial enemies, may it be in history or business, and even on political matters.

The truth is that he is not the only one who has a secret prejudice against an enemy. He remembered that he also once reprimanded his sister because he caught her approaching one of the De Veras.

"Big bro?" Venus was shocked when he suddenly grabbed her smartphone because she was caught looking very fond of chatting with someone on Messenger.

He looked straightly at the name of the man she currently seems to enjoy exchanging a conversation with. Hayden. Hayden De Vera.

His jaw tightened. He was right about his suspicion. There was even a time he heard from his friends and Venus's friends that this little sister of his is going out and seeing one of the De Vera males.

"I already warned you about them, didn't I?" he asked sharply to Venus.

This is not the first time he has confronted her with this nonsense thing.

She bit her lower lip. "But, big bro-"

"Stop this craziness, Venus, before our parents find out about it! I'm sure as hell they wouldn't like hearing that their only daughter is having an attachment with one of the enemies," he continued warning her.

"Big bro, Hayden isn't doing anything bad-"

"But you shouldn't make friends with him! You know how much restricted we are to get along with people like them, like De Veras! They're our clan's enemies!"

Venus kept her mouth shut instead of arguing and insisting on what she believes versus what this big bro of hers believes.

"And don't forget what happened to eldest brother Salvador when he once fell in love with a De Vera woman. What did he get at last from loving an enemy? Except for nothing, he just got his heart broken a big time!"

Venus sighed and remained silent.

"You always have to remind yourself, Venus, to protect yourself from the predators. They are not going to take us seriously, they will only break us, so we need to be mindful of who we give our hearts and our love to."

She nodded. Just for peace.

"Right now, stop this nonsense and cut off any relationship you have with that De Vera boy," he said lastly then gently tapped her shoulder before returning her phone and he passed by.

Looking at these young De Veras, there is no doubt that his little is getting along with one of them. They're all good-looking, elites, and charismatic. Some things can not be denied from the blood that flows through them.