8. HELL ON HEELS

I walked into the room, scrunching my nose in distaste as music blared from the speakers above.

"Hold." A girl yelled, clipboard in hand while the other rested on her hips. This girl had major attitude and I already was annoyed with her. The music came to a shrieking halt and everyone paused to look at the dark haired beauty.

"I said no flats, Becky." Mona yelled out at the girl on the runway. "I need to be 100 percent sure you can walk in heels."

"Mona, take it easy." Spencer hissed at Mona. I stood beside the catwalk, watching the two young girls clash.

"Reset!" The shorter girl yelled out, and music instantly began again from the beginning.

"I think I feel a migraine coming on, so I'm just gonna take a quick break." Spencer said as she walked and I smirked at her annoyance toward the high maintenance girl in charge.

"Hi, Mona, right?" I stuck my hand out toward the younger girl with a clipboard. She didn't greet me or shake my hand, rather rake her eyes up and down my body in judgment before meeting my gaze in approval.

"Cute outfit, and you are?" Mona asked me as if I was a bug on her shoe.

I laughed, shaking my head in disbelief at the rudeness of Mona Vanderwall. "Yeah, this isn't going to work out for me. I'm Grace Marin, I'm in charge of this fashion show." I briskly grabbed the clipboard from her hand with a fake smile in place. "Now, do you mind getting the hell out of my way so I can get my job done?"

"Wow," Hanna came up to me with Aria and Emily. "I can't believe you just did that."

"Well, someone did. She thinks she's queen bee, but really she isn't."

"Gad you're here to put her in her place." Aria said with a smile and I didn't return it, turning my attention to the documents in hand for tonight. I had a brief run in with Jason before I had arrived and he had told me what had transpired with Aria. So, not a fan of her.

"Do any of you guys have an extra ticket for tonight?" Hanna asked us all.

"Did you change your mind about Caleb?" Aria turned to Hanna with a grin, intrigued.

"It's for my dad." Hanna said, grabbing my attention from the clipboard. Mona's anal notes were actually quite helpful.