XXXIV

XXXIV.

***********

She opened her eyes the very next day upon the faint knocks coming from her door. Dahan dahang bumaba mula sa kama si Zoey. Nagulat na lamang sya nang hindi nakita ang mga maleta na dala nya kahapon.

'San na yung..' She searched desperately before she realized that before she even fell asleep, there were two maids unloading her suitcases and placing its contents inside the massive cabinets in her room.

She checked every shelf and found her silk robes, tugging one from its hanger and placing it around her, knotting it securely in front of her.

'Good morning.' Magiliw na bati ni Travis.

Naka-polo lang ito at bermuda shorts. Tila kashe-shave lang dahil sa kinis ng pisngi at baba nito.

Ngumiti lamang si Zoey bilang tugon.

'Let's have breakfast?' Pag-aaya nito bago napatingin sa suot ng dating kinakasama. 'I asked the chef to cook your favorites.'

'I'll just..' At mas lalong inayos ni Zoey ang suot nang napansin ang tila nagugutom na tingin ng kausap. 'I'll just fix myself first. I'll just follow you to the dining area.' At hindi na nya hinintay ang tugon ni Travis bago pinagsarhan ito ng pinto.

'Jaimie,
How's Stanley? May balita ka na?'

Text nya sa kaibigan bago muling tumungo sa kanyang aparador para kumuha ng damit na isusuot. Naupo muna sya sa tabi ng cellphone nya at hinintay ang reply ni Jaimie pero umabot na ng sampung minuto ay wala pa rin syang natanggap. Napagdesisyunan na lang nyang tunguin naman ang banyo para ayusin na ang sarili nya.

'Wow.' Manghang mangha si Zoey sa nakita matapos buksan ang nag-iisang pinto sa loob ng kwartong tinulugan nya.

Tila banyo ng isang 5-star hotel sa ibang bansa ang kanyang nakikita. Mula sa porcelain sink and toilet bowl, sa mala-gintong faucets at sa higanteng salamin sa may kabilang side nito. She pushed another door and found a bathtub fit for a royalty at sa harapan nito ay isang salamin na sliding door para sa shower area. All of her favorite scents and bath bombs were there. Pati body oils and butters na top of the line ang brands ay nandoon din. She filled the tub 3/4 with water and squeezed an ample amount of liquid for a warm bubble bath.

And she can feel the relief once the water soaked her skin and the mild lavender and lemon scent fill her nostrils. For a while, she felt like she's okay. Like her spirits were somewhat lifted. But before she could also fall asleep yet again, she decided to rinse herself and prepare for breakfast as she finally felt the hunger.

'Take a seat.' Tila nagkukumahog na sabi ni Travis nang nakababa na si Zoey at puntahan sya nito sa garden kung saan naka-serve ang breakfast. Sa harap nila ay isang infinity pool na overlooking ang Taal Lake.

'Thanks.' Tipid na ngiti niya bago naupo. She was wearing the safest clothing that she was able to find. A white, short sleeved crop top under a maxi dress.

Her hair was still damp and she didn't even bother to put any make-up on her pretty face.

'Told you, I had the chef prepare everything.' Travis smirked as he saw how Zoey gawked at the table beside her. Standing next to it was a personal maid, ready to follow every order.

'Tapsilog.' She smiled as she saw her ultimate favorite breakfast.

'Yes. Tapsilog.' Travis smiled too. 'Well, you've heard your lady.' He turned to the maid, indicating that she must serve it to her. 'Once we've finished our breakfast, I'll show you my surprise.' Baling naman nito kay Zoey habang hawak ang kamay ng huli na nasa ibabaw ng mesa. 'Thank you for being here with me again. I'll make you happy every moment that we'll spend together.' And he took her hand to his mouth and kissed it tenderly.