You'll Pay For That

Chapter 1

I walked into school, hoping that no one would notice the tight shirt I was wearing, in result of being out of clean loose ones. My legs weren't covered, I was sporting really light denim short shorts. They weren't that short, but I couldn't wear jeans in September, especially in Phoenix, Arizona. I opened my locker, and my friend, Sarah walked up. I didn't have many friends, Sarah, Sophie, and Kira were the only people I really counted. They were the only ones that I trusted anything with. They were the only ones who were still friends with me after the incident in eighth grade.

"How's it going, Paigey?" She asked, playing with one of my blond curls.

"Fine. Do you have a ponytail holder? I forgot one this morning." I asked, desperately looking through my organized locker, for my container of hair ties, but in its place, I found a note.

How's it going you fat whore.

I can't imagine life can go very well for a slut.

Oh wait, no one would want to date a fat ass,

Especially a stupid, ugly one.

Enjoy no hair ties,

Sincerely,

The truth

Sarah stared at me quizzicaly, as if trying to see what the note read by looking at my face. I folded it up again, and bit my lip, to keep the tears from running. Ever since the incident I was called a whore, ugly, fat. I wanted to be like them, like the Pops. I wanted to be pretty, skinny, flawless. I knew it was hard, but I would.

I blinked, and a single tear slipped down my cheek. I wiped it away before Sarah saw.

"I have one, right here," She pulled one off of her wrist, handing it to me. Then, she grabbed another one, and put her silky light brown hair in a messy bun. She looked amazing, as usual. She wore dark wash short shorts, a white bandeau under a flowy white shirt with little green and blue things sewn on it. It was from Hollister, and so were her shorts, we got them together. Her twin, Sophie, skipped up, sporting neon green shorts that only she could rock. She wore a white, blue, and green striped ribbed tank top on top. Both of them wore white lace TOMS, something we had all agreed on wearing today. Kira, the crazy redhead, strutted up, wearing her rend and white cross country shorts, and a skin tight white Under Armor shirt. She had a meet today, and they were supposed to wear their warm ups. She still wore her white TOMS, not afraid of what anyone thought, I only wished I was her. She was pretty; her silky long red hair could be made in any style, and would stay that way. Her eyes reminded me of my mom's, a fabulous bright green.

We all walked to homeroom, carrying our books, and our laptops that we were given for school. Our homeroom only had only Pop- popular kid-in it. The Pop in our homeroom happened to be none other than Dylan Hayes.

"Dylan, stop! Leave me alone!" I said, in 7th grade I was on top of the world, and had no room for losers like Dylan. He was a hockey player, and was on the same team as my boyfriend at the time, James. Dylan was a player though. He was a player of only the not cool girls. He kept trying to talk me into it.

"Dylan I will never date someone as lame as you!" I yelled, and ran to James, who was walking up. As we walked away, I heard Dylan mumble under his breath.

"You'll pay for that, Flawless." He stormed away, leaving James, the Pops, and I walking towards the Commons.