Chapter Five: Nova's POV

'Shit!' I thought as I heard Derek's irritating voice yell at me from outside. My time with Zak was cut short by this moron. I heaved a sigh and rested my head against Zak's warm chest. I didn't want to leave. But if I didn't that idiot outside would cause trouble and I didn't want to have to deal with that part of my life right now. I planned to tell him when I was ready, when he knew me well enough to see past the beast and just see me for me.
I pushed Zak gently back onto the bed, leaning over him, crushing my lips to his before pulling away. 'I'll be back later on okay?' I stole one last kiss on his forehead before grabbing my things from the floor and leaving. I heard him sigh as I leapt down the stairs, taking them three at a time, pulling my shirt on as I did. Before opening the door I shoved my feet into my shoes, taking one last glance back upstairs.
Grumbling I yanked the front door open, "what are you doing here Derek?" I growled at the man standing arrogantly in front of me.
"Im here to get you," he snapped, making me bristle in anger at his lack of respect, "you missed last nights meeting. If a pack leader can't make it then what sort of an example is that setting!" Derek grabbed my shirt and dragged me behind him as he walked to my car. "Get in, the elders need to speak to you."
He shoved me roughly against the divers side door of my Beatle and walked round the car, getting into the passengers side, slamming the door a little too hard, making the car shake. I growled at his behaviour and the thought of him damaging my car but quickly calmed myself before releasing a heated sigh. It was easier to go with him rather than put up a fight. Plus I didn't want Zak to become involved, since we were right outside his house. I got in and began to drive right to the edge of town, where the elders lived, isolated and shut away from the rest of the world.

Derek's P.O.V

I sat in the passenger seat of Nova's ugly Beatle feeling pretty smug. This man was easy far too easy to fool. Mention the elders or his responsibilities as a pack leader and he would go running like a lap dog. Pathetic. It made my blood boil. How could someone so pathetic like him become our Alpha? A push over that's what he was. Even in our meetings he would kneel and bow to others and their opinions, always doing what everyone else wanted instead of taking charge and doing it his way. He said he was doing it for 'the good of the pack' saying that everyone's opinions mattered. Pathetic! A real alpha wouldn't do this. He wasn't worthy of the title. I growled. I had to stay calm if this was to work. Recently he had been more absent minded than usual, forgetting his duties and the like. Ever since he got the paperwork from the property developers about the kid who would rent his house. Once he saw that kids profile picture on the papers he changed. He became excited and couldn't wait to meet this kid. It sickened me. He was nothing more than a love sick pup!
"You can drop me off here. I'm not coming in with you." I said already opening the door before Nova had even slowed down.
I jumped out of the car, ignoring what Nova shouted at me. I was on a tight schedule and it wouldn't take him long to figure out what was going on when the elders told him that they hadn't called for him. It was no secret that we didn't get on. We were always at each other's throats, literally and figuratively.
Shifting into my other skin felt so good and I took a moment to relish in the feelings of superiority it gave me. I gained more ground on all fours, hurtling towards the house I had just come from at full speed. Once I arrived I stayed hidden, sneaking in and out of the trees as i watched his face fill with fear as each twig snapped purposefully under my paws. It filled me with pure pleasure to see that look on my preys face. It made the hunt more exciting, more thrilling, sending shivers tingling down my spine. I was top of the food chain right now and I loved it. The excitement of having the power to end a creatures life in one snap of my jaws was something I would never get tired of feeling.
I saw the small kid run inside and took my chance, barrelling against the heavy oak door, softly at first, letting his fear build until it paralysed him. I brushed up against the door again, this time a little harder, revealing in pleasure as I heard his little heart hammer harder against his chest. I could hear his ragged breaths as the fear consumed him. As much as I was enjoying myself, I'd toyed with him enough, considering the fright I gave him on his first night in the house. I chuckled at the memory. I pushed the door with ease and watched it swing free from its hinges, my eyes falling upon his small shaking form frozen in fear at the bottom of the staircase. Not wasting anymore time I launched at him, clamping my muzzle round his tiny waist and thigh. His hands tried in vein to push me off him, making me smile to myself. What a pathetic little creature he was. I clamped down harder, revelling in the feeling of bones snapping and flesh tearing apart. His pained cries sent shivers rushing through my body, making me want to tear him limb from limb just to hear those sweet cries. But that would be pointless. The one I wanted to watch wither and writhe in agony was Nova.
Lifting him up off the floor, I made my way back outside, pawing my way through the familiar forest. His limp form swung from my mouth. I flicked my head back a little, releasing him for a second before sinking my teeth back into his flesh, my grip on his body now better than before. The taste of his blood, hot in my mouth, was sweet. So sweet that it made me ache for more but I had to control myself otherwise my effort would go to waste. I soon reached my little cabin which was set in the middle of the forest, away from prying eyes, and far on the edges of the pack lands, which suited me nicely. I shifted back into my human skin and dragged the boys body inside. Now all I had to do was wait.

Zak's P.O.V

My body was on fire. My chest heaved as a I tried to breathe. My body shivered in agony and wouldn't stop. I managed to wrench my eyes open, needing to know where I was and what was with me. I made a motion to turn my head but stopped after a searing pain bolted down my spine. A whimper escaped me and as it did I heard something move. My heart almost jumped out of my chest when a mans face appeared above me. Shock jolted my body and I gasped as the pain only intensified.
"I wouldn't move if I was you. You'll only make them injuries worse. Not that it'd be any skin off my back if you died." He grinned sadistically, eyes darkening scarily. "But what good would you be as a hostage if you were dead?" He moved out of my line of sight, howling with a blood chilling laughter.
'Great! What kind of mess have you gotten yourself into now Zak!' I growled at myself. I tried holding back my tears. Now was not the time to cry. I had to be brave and figure out a way to get out of this situation.
"W-who are y-you?" I asked sheepishly. I intended to put on a brave face but my body seemed to have other ideas. My voice cracked and came out timidly and the tears I'd tried to hold back now rolled freely down my cheeks.
"Ha! Crying already!" His dirty face appeared above mine again, his black eyes glaring into mine. A cruel smile hung on his lips, "names Derek," he growled before he disappeared again from my sight.
"What d-do you w-want with me?" I rasped. My god it was hurting to breathe. My eyes wouldn't focus properly and there was a warm sensation pooling round my legs and waist, my legs having gone numb already.
"You're bait." I heard him growl.
My thoughts turned straight to Nova. Would he actually come looking for me? Why would he come for me? I'm a stranger to him. My chest tightened and my heart hurt at the thought of him leaving me here.
"What do you want with N-Nova?" I managed to grit out past through my teeth, the pain now spiralling out of control.
"An eye for an eye! I want to watch his body writhe in agony and his face contort in the pain that I've inflicted. I've put up with all his bullshit for years. It's his fault that she died! Now I'm just returning the favour!" I heard something crash to the floor and cried out in pain as I flinched involuntarily from the sudden noise.
I wonder who he was talking about. Who died? Suddenly Derek's sickening laugh resonated through the room, "he's here."
My blood ran cold as I heard the door fly open and crash against something. Nova's angry voice fill the air, "what the fuck do you think you're doing Derek!"