He gripped the bouquet of pink lilies, roses, irises, and daisies as he surveyed his fiancé. she sure didn't look like she did only two years ago. She had been pretty then, but now she was becoming beautiful. Her dark brown hair had been curled in soft waves that hung to her mid-back, her large almond shaped eyes held his and a soft smile graced her face as she gazed at him. Giuliana was beautiful, no doubt about it.

"Congratulations on your graduation, these are for you," Giovanni held out the bouquet of specially ordered flowers. He had been told that Giuliana had a love of flowers, and it was obvious that the Bellucci family was well aware of it. "Thank you they're lovely," her eyes widened slightly in shock that he could be so thoughtful. In all honesty, his mother had ordered them and given them to Giovanni when they were arriving to the graduation. They knew that both of their families had their attention completely focused on the two of them.

"How sweet!" Donatella said taking the other bouquets from her daughter so that Giuliana was only holding the one from Giovanni. Salvatore beamed at the reaction that his daughter had, and was even more proud when she displayed her politeness and manners. After all, he had promised his old friend that his daughter was polite, well mannered, kind, and would make the perfect Sicilian wife for Giovanni.

The large group made their way towards their respective cars and took the three hour long drive from St. Mary's Academy to the Bellucci Mansion. Anthony, Philomena, and Giovanni rode in their own chauffeured car, while Salvatore, Donatella, and Giuliana rode in a separate car with the grandparents, and the other Bellucci siblings were being driven in another. Giuliana was relived to finally be graduated and done with high school, but she knew what was to come.

"How do you like your flowers Giuliana?" Salvatore questioned. "They're very nice," she responded watching the upstate New York scenery pass her by. Salvatore tried to engage Giuliana in more conversation, but she wasn't interested. Eventually Donatella put her hand on her husband's knee to signal that a conversation with Giuliana was not going to happen. Salvatore didn't have much patience but he always was able to muster up some for his daughters, Isabella and Giuliana more so than Monica. Finally the three black town cars pulled up to Bella Vita, one of the restaurants owned by Salvatore Bellucci, it was a favorite of Giuliana's.

In the vehicle carrying the Graziano's, Philomena was beyond excited that her soon to be daughter in-law liked the flowers that she had specially picked out. "What do you think Gio? You haven't seen her in a couple of years, isn't she a pretty girl?" "Si, Mama," Giovanni sighed and rolled his eyes, "She's a nice looking girl." All Gio had heard from his parents for several years was their obsession with Giuliana, they fawned over her constantly.

"She's going to be a good wife and mother. Be grateful that Sal agreed to this, he loves his children more than life itself and he's entrusting you to protect her for life. He doesn't expect for you to be faithful to her your entire marriage, but don't let her find out about it." Anthony warned, "Sal is an old school Sicilian, he won't interfere in his daughter's marriage but keep her happy and unaware." Philomena gasped beside her husband, she knew her husband had wandered a few times throughout their marriage but to hear him approve of their son doing it was shocking. "Don't encourage him to do it!" Anthony shot his wife a look, "He's a grown man, he can do what he wants." The rest of the car ride was silent the rest of the trip.

The group made their way inside and to the large, round table that had been set up in the middle of the restaurant's dining room. Two men were already seated and immediately stood up when the group entered.

"Giuliana these are my other two sons Vincent and Dante," Anthony introduced as she shook hands with the two dark haired men made their way to greet her and her family. "It's a pleasure to meet you," she gave them a smile as she took a seat in between Giovanni and Isabella. Giovanni talked to his brothers, as she spoke to her sisters. Not once did they even glance at each other throughout the entire meal, to say it was awkward was an understatement. It was only made worse when it was time to leave and say goodbye and Giovanni was forced to kiss her on the cheek. She didn't know how they were going to interact when they had to go on their scheduled dates and meetings.

After the Bellucci family arrived back home Monica and Isabella joined Giuliana in her room. "This whole thing is so unfair for you," Monica said as she applied her bright red lipstick that she knew her father hated. "But on the plus side he's so hot! And so are his brothers!" Isabella rolled her eyes at Monica while Giuliana giggled. "It's true! Even if he's a douche at least he's a hot douche, and the sexy, mysterious thing he's got going on is really working for him. I wonder what he's like pissed off?"

"I don't know, I haven't heard anything about him having a temper," Giuliana shrugged. She found Giovanni hard to read and she was usually very good at figuring a person out. That was one of the great things about being quiet, nobody was expecting for her to be as perceptive as she was. "Of course I've only seen him once," she admitted.

"I heard he sawed off a man's arm for not paying him back on time," Monica said turning to look at her sisters. "Stop trying to scare her," Isabella said back, "He did not!"

"Yes he did, the guy owed Giovanni $20,000 and was a month late with a payment. So Giovanni told him that he only had one week to get him the money and the guy mouthed off," Monica titled her head. "I wonder if that's how he became a made man?"

"Shut up, you know Papa doesn't like us talking about that stuff," Isabella said.

"So what?" Monica retorted. "We aren't little girls anymore, he can't hide the truth of what he does from us."

A knock sounded from the closed bedroom door and Donatella popped her head in, "Giuliana your father wants to see you in his office." "Why?" Giuliana asked getting up from her bed and smoothing out her dress. "I think he wants to discuss the next two years with you," with that the mother of five turned around and led Giuliana down to the first level of the mansion, with Monica and Isabella trailing behind them.

"Si Papa?" Giuliana walked into her father's office without knocking and proceeded to sit down in one of the two leather chairs in front of his desk. The Bellucci Family consigliere, John Caparelli, was also in attendance. Giuliana knew what was coming next, but she at least thought she had a few more weeks until she had to begin the 'courting process,' as her father phrased it. "You handled yourself well today Giuliana," Salvatore began. "Anthony and Philomena are happy with how you conducted yourself, and are excited for the future," he stared at his youngest child and all he could see was the little girl with the big bow in her hair that would hide behind him whenever her mother would call for her. Salvatore released a heavy sigh, "The threats from the Santorellis are increasing day by day. So we have decided to have you and Giovanni meet sooner rather than later."

"How soon?" Giuliana's eyes narrowed.

"Tomorrow."