A Test

"Yeah, I have no idea what you've just said," Tom said after a few moments of blinking confusion out of his brain. Ron and Hermione were gaping at him, but mostly at Harry -Tom yet again had no idea what was happening there. He felt like a bundle of confusion, shock and memory loss merrily walking around forests and mountains.
"Well, Voldemort split his soul, you see, and hid all parts of it in objects outside his body. So, even if his body is attacked or destroyed, he can't die, because part of the soul remains earthbound and undamaged," Harry explained patiently, earning himself an eye-roll from Hermione.
Tom blinked a little more, trying to comprehend what Harry just said.
This Voldemort guy was a lot weirder and creepier than he'd thought him to be. Splitting your soul and putting it in objects...who would do that and why would they do that?
"Fascinating, impressive?," Harry raised his eyebrows expectantly.
"I was actually thinking of weird and creepy, but yeah...I believe fascinating and in a way impressive works, too."
Harry's expression changed 180° and all of a sudden he was gaping at Tom.
"No...no. Weird and creepy hits the spot! It's exactly what I thought when I first heard it," Harry breathed, still looking as though Tom had told him he was Voldemort himself.
"But anyways, what do you expect me to do? How am I supposed to help you with this if I just found out what it even is?"
"That's a brilliant question, Tom Riddle! What's the answer Harry?", Hermione asked in that cocky voice of hers. It got surprisingly soft when Tom was having his I-almost-killed-a-person-with-a-wand-without-even-knowing-how-to-use-one seizure. It was then that he felt like they might have really known each other and been close friends before his sudden memory loss. It was weird. He was missing days he didn't even remember.
Harry's voice jolted him out of his thoughts "Surprisingly enough, I have a brilliant answer for this brilliant question. All you have to do, Tom, is concentrate very hard on this locket. You have to deeply, completely, honestly and truthfully want it smothered to thousands of tiny shards, destroyed far beyond recognition and boom. That's what's gonna happen. It's gonna explode."
More gaping and then "When did you expand your vocabulary so much? And how do you know all this?", Ron inquired this time. It was visible Harry's friends didn't believe in him so much when it wasn't about fighting or guarding the tent.
"I read, Ronald. I did some research during my shifts," Harry responded with gritted teeth, obviously not appreciating their impressions an interruptions of him.
"And how did you do that?", Hermione blurted. She seemed to regret the question right away, covering her mouth with both her hands.
"Methods, Hermione, methods."
After a long pause, where Tom was glaring the object he was supposed to destroy down, Harry said "Well, then. Let's go!"

That was it. His chance to prove himself to his friends and show that a little memory loss wouldn't change the fact that he'd help them destroy the man who ruined all their lives and his, too.

****
Harry PoV

Harry James Potter, the boy who lived, couldn't say he'd known what he'd been doing for the last six years of saving Hogwarts', including Dumbledore's, arses and it was no different when he was out in the mountains leading 2/3 of the Golden Trio and their new silver accomplice on a journey to destroy 1/7 of said silver accomplice.
He knew it was stupid and wrong and everything, but then again so were all his plans up until now and they were alive.
Harry took the chance of their silent journey to ponder over what happened during the last three days.
Not that he hasn't been doing that night and day, but still. He took each possible moment to think about it.
Was it a good decision -bringing Voldemort himself into their midst?
Sure, it was. He could help them. He was still powerful and with the quick reflex of erasing his memory, Harry made him forget all the terrible things he was up to. Now they could use him for their advantage.
But what if the spell wasn't good enough and Riddle remembers everything. They'd all be dead before he could say 'Quidditch'. He should've thought better of this before bringing himself and his friends in all of this.
The same sentence that has been echoing in his mind from Riddle-Day 1 echoed yet again: If the Golden Trio died now, Hogwarts and the rest of the world wouldn't stand a chance.
Not to mention Harry had no idea if what they were about to do would work or not.
The plan was quite simple to be frank:
Riddle would try to use his Creepy-Slytherin-Heir mind powers and destroy his own horcrux.
The Boy who Lived had lied when he said he'd done research -it only needed a bit of logic to construct this plan and Harry didn't want to worry his friends by changing his tradition and actually lookup whether what he was about to do would succeed or not.
Riddle created the horcrux himself, it was only logical he'd know how to destroy it. The only problem was that Riddle had no idea what he created due to a certain Obliviation spell.
But magic wouldn't fail Harry.
He knew it.

****
Tom wasn't nervous. He was terrified!

Harry placed the object in the middle of a clearing and now his three friends were looking at him expectantly (Hermione and Ron shooting Harry a few doubtful glances).

"Go on, Tom. Just like I told you. Concentrate on how it'll look like when it's completely destroyed!", Harry encouraged.

Tom was able to imagine the shiny object destroyed, that wasn't the problem. The problem was he wasn't allowed to use his wand and without it he had no idea how to do magic.
Harry had to told him the spells would just bounce off of the locket and perhaps ricochet.
He had to do it without a wand.
It had to be from inside him.
He had to really want to destroy it, but for some reason he didn't want to. The locket reminded him -ironic, wasn't it- of something he was given by family. Something he used to wear. He couldn't find the will to destroy it.
"C'mon, Tom. You can do it." Hermione's voice came from behind him.
"Remember, he ruined all our lives. He killed my parents" her voice broke "and yours."

He could see it. The locket smothered to thousand little pieces all over the clearing. Voldemort's soul was in there.
The man who'd tortured so many people, taken their peace and family and rendering them hopeless- people like Harry and his friends, alone like refugees in the woods.
Tom was going to destroy the object, a seventh of Voldemort's soul, just like he was going to destroy Voldemort himself.
So even though Tom felt a connection to the locket and even though he'd felt the urge to torture people -like the people in his nightmare- he wanted to end Voldemort's torture to everyone and so he closed his eyes and pictured the explosion that was gonna obliterate this cursed horcrux.

A/N
Hello people,
It's been a long time, but here's the chapter and The Golden Trio's agonising adventure continues.
Some other perspectives will be shown next chapter and some Tom Riddle angst, too (I know...I can't imagine it, either, but just cause he created the horcrux doesn't mean it won't have any bad effects on him ;) Enough hints)
See you next chapter and
Bye bye :*