Chapter Four

R O L A N D

I held my omega in my arms, I regretted mentioning my concerns but I felt like he needed to know. For years he's dealt with this pain, it angers my wolf and I the torture he's been through. I didn't leave his side, it broke my heart when he begged me to stay, he doesn't deserve such pain and those bastards deserve more than a simply death.

My wolf dreamed of us being a happy family, seeing Dylan smile and never have a nightmare. Seeing him happy and making new memories together, my wolf's dream felt so real and yet I knew one day we'll become that happy family. I called Rogan to let Cameron sleep over another night, he never asks why and simply agrees.

"R-Roland" Dylan whimpers. His body trembles as his small hand clench onto my shirt with a tight grip. I gently rub his stomach, whispering how special he is to me and it saddens me that he won't hear me during this ordeal.

Eventually he sleeps without another nightmare, when I am sleeping beside his nightmares disappears. I have a feeling Dylan notices it as well but continues to deny it, my beautiful omega sleeps peacefully and still gripping onto my shirt. The next day I awoken before him, I don't blame him for sleeping in late. With the stress he's handling, I know it'll be emotionally exhausting for him so I don't want to disturb him. I gently move out of the bed trying not to make any noise and went to make us some breakfast.

"Good morning" said Dylan. I turned smiling looking at my beautiful omega, his hair wet from a shower and a towel hanging from his shoulders.

"I am sorry, I shouldn't of said those things yesterday" I said.

"It's not your fault Roland, anything will trigger the memories even when I try to fight it. I realised long ago about my problem, I didn't want to raise Cameron to watch me crumble. He shouldn't help me when I hurtful, my boy is so strong and he's more braver than me. What you said yesterday is the truth and yes the truth does hurt but it's better than you lying to me. I allow these memories consume me, I allow them to win and I chose not to be strong enough to fight it. I guess it's how I dealt with it for years of captivity, your emotions get the best of you and I just didn't know how to deal with it or maybe I am just weak." he replies

"You're strong baby, never assume or call yourself weak. I understand it takes time for you to heal but it is okay to ask for help Dylan. You're not alone and it's Cameron that keep you going, you're still fighting so you can come right back to hug your son. Yes he shouldn't be seeing you like this and it is not your fault either, you have family that cares about you and yet you continue shutting them out. Silently suffering is dangerous and it's the reason why you hurt yourself without realising it. Let me help you, I am here because I care about you and Cameron so please rely on me and don't hesitate to ask for me" I said

Dylan remained silent for a minute then walked over to hug me, I'd admit he caught me by surprise but I am happy he finally hugs me. This means progress, he hasn't trusted me yet and I am willing to work for it.

"T-Thank you" he whispers. I smiled.

"Now lets enjoy breakfast" I said.

*****

"Mama! Papa!" Cameron squealed. I smiled and hugged my pup, he explained what happened during his sleepovers and didn't forget to mention the pizza Rogan bought for dinner last night. Cameron showed Dylan the birthday present Winter gotten from family and friends, I glanced over to Winter seeing him play with the toy truck I bought for Cameron, I wasn't annoyed about Cameron's decision.

"How was he?" I asked Rogan

"He behaved well, the boys went to bed when they're told and he even helped clean up the toys" Rogan replies.

"Were you a good boy Cam?" asked Dylan. Cameron smiled.

"I good boy Mama" he replies. We give our goodbyes and drove to the memorial stone, Dylan wanted to give his prayers.

"Can't believe two years already passed" said Dylan. I hummed in agreement, I watched Cameron as look at the stone. I held Dylan's hand as we both said our prayers, many innocent lives was taken and it's sad many dominant wolves won't be able to find their other half. We pray the goddess for those to find their second chance mate and seek happiness.

"Look papa, doggies!" Cameron squealed. I looked at my pup in confusion and soon realise what he's pointing at. A group of rogues growled as they slowly approached us, one stared at Cameron as it bared it's teeth at him.

"Dylan go to the car with Cameron and drive as fast as you could" I ordered.

"N-No I can't leave you behind" he replies. I softly growl at him wanting him to obey my orders.

"I am an Alpha and stronger than these rogues, your safety is important love so don't question me and take our pup and get to safety. I already called for back up through mind link, now go!" I replied.

"D-Don't die" he says. I chuckled.

"Wasn't planning to" I replied. Quickly Dylan carried his son and sprinted towards the car, the wolf that took interest to Cameron made it's first move and dashed towards Dylan. I shifted quickly not caring about my torn clothes, I chased after the wolf that nearly gotten Dylan. I bite down onto it's neck and snapped it, Dylan whimpered in fear so I quickly licked his hand in comfort. My pup shivering and whimpering in fear, Dylan quickly buckled him in his seat and drove away.

The other wolves charged until Asher, Joseph and Rogan ran passed me and tackled the wolves to the floor. They killed the rogues instantly, their snout and fur covered in blood.

"Investigate how the rogues manages to sneak past our border control" I said through mind link.

"F*cking rogues" said Asher.