Chapter Nine

(The next day)
(your pov)

It was the day where I had to fight Kougyoku and Kouha to prove to Lord Kouen that I'm not entirely useless, even though I'm excited, I'm also scared and nervous at the same time.
We were all in an open field away from the Empire to make sure it wouldn't get destroyed. I look to my right to find some citizens in the distance waiting for the fight then I looked to my left to see the royal family looking my way including Kouha. I smiled and waved my hand at him as he waved back, then I looked back straight ahead of me to see Kougyoku staring at me with a kind smile witch made it hard for me to believe that she has a djinn.

I was cut from my thoughts at Lord Kouen's deep voice rang out saying..."begin." And in no time I see Kougyoku change into her djinn equip with her sword already pulled out and in a flash she was right next to me swinging her sword at me, I quickly pulled my sword out and blocked her attack I pushed her back a ways, as I quickly put on my djinn equip as the fighting between us just got real. She started flying through the air as she held out her sword to the sky then held it in my direction as all the water in the ocean (that happened to be right beside us) started running at my.

I quickly held my sword out towards the water as I froze all the water turning it into a long shard of ice sticking in the air from the ocean. She floated to the floor with a shocked expression on her face. "I can't use my djinn equip power without any water, I'd like to call a fourfit." She said sadly as she went to her family.
'Well that was easier then I thought it would be, but I know I didn't tell them what my djinn equip was so it makes sence.

I looked over back to the ren family as I saw Kouha started walking towards me and out of nowhere he...hugged me?, as he whispered in my ear. "I'll try to take it easy on you but no promises, in case you get hurt I have Reirei to the side to heal you." He said as he pulled away with a insane look on his face like yesterday when he tried to kill me. Then he turned into his djinn equip as his sword turned into a huge scythe and his clothing changed too, then I tried holding in a laugh.
'He looks even more like a girl then before.' I thought to myself as I see Kouha lunge at me as I ready my sword, as I blocked his first attack, but he quickly went back at it and swung his scythe at me again, as I jumped back before he could slice my foot in half.

'I guess he's fighting seriously, maybe I should too.' I thought to myself as I looked back at him.
He went at it again, so I put an ice shield in front of me, but he easily cut it down cutting my arm a bit, but it wasn't just a cut, he was so close to cutting the bone in my arm, but I didn't show any sign of fear or pain. I used my sword and threw him away from me.

"I've been living in the slums for so long, I don't even know what pain feels like anymore." I said just realizing that I said it out loud.
I saw the crazy look in Kouha's eyes fade away, he seemed sad?!?, I wonder why, but while he's destracted nows my chance.

(Kouha's POV)

"I've been living in the slums for so long, I don't even know what pain feels like anymore." I hear y/n say as I stoped in place. 'That's so sad, but as long as she's with me, nothing can hurt her but me.' I thought to myself. I looked back at her, she was holding her arm trying to stop the bleeding, I looked back to the floor now feeling guilty, I looked back up and she was gone.

"What's going on." I asked looking around to try to find her, now long after I felt a sharp pain in my head as everything turned black.

(Reader-chan's pov again)

He looked at the ground as I quickly ran back at him he looked up again now searching for me, before he could look behind him.
I hit him in the back of the head with the back of my sword to not kill him.
He fell to the floor unconscious.
'Oops maybe I acidentally hit him a little to hard....BUT I WIN!!!!!! I thought happily.