“Girls do you have any problem?” our geometry teacher, Mr. Ray glared from his glasses. We shook our head and buried our face deep into our books. Time passed when the boring sine, cosine and tangent came to an end. I sighed and grabbed my books.

Now the whole school was talking about Caria, even the boys were making fun about her. I didn’t see her anywhere in the school. I hope I can see her. By the time lunch arrived, I finally came to know about her. I was walking along with Abby when I heard them talking.

“I don’t know how many guts she has to come today to school, No shame at all,” one of the senior girls talked to another.

“Yeah, I heard she is spending her time backside the school where once that gang used to sit, I think she is involved in drugs also,” another girl said in a gasp.

“O yeah, I think she is involved in that,”

Enough is enough. How can they treat someone like that? I glanced at Abby who was busy babbling about something. By the time we reached the canteen doors, I paused.

“What?” Abby looked at me.

“Hmm… Just be at the table, I have some work. I will come later,” I took couple of steps back and started walking.

“Okay” she yelled and entered into the canteen. Once I saw that she left, I took my path to the school backside building. Not many students were sitting outside, probably due to the cloudy weather. I took that opportunity and walked faster to the building.

I could feel the familiar rush of anxiety that I had when we rescued Jay from them. I walked to the end of the building and finally came out to the woods. Sitting there on the wooden plank was Caria.

She might have sensed someone behind her. She slowly lifted her face and glanced at me. In those blue eyes, I saw the tears, guilty and more importantly the fear.

“What do you want?” she yelled at me. Probably thinking that I would back off.

“I heard what happened about you…” I didn’t go further.

“Get lost, I don’t want your pity and sympathy, just treat me the same like others are treating me,” she replied to me angrily.

I neglected her words and marched towards to sit beside her. She glared at me but didn’t speak anything. The sun was now playing hide-in-seek with the clouds.

“I know you would say that I… I… am a slut, a bitch and I deserve it. I am an idiot and a whore, I….” her fresh tears started coming out. She dragged her knees to her chest and buried her face into that.

“Who said that you are Slut, a bitch and a whore?”

“The whole school and my friends,” she murmured.

“You call them your friends?” I scoffed,” you call them that, who didn’t support you when you were needed, who didn’t think once about you when you were being humiliated?”

I paused to settle down my anger. I hate those people who can’t even support their friends. I heard the slow breath of Caria. Her crying stopped and may be she was listening and thinking.

“Listen Caria, I know what happened to you is bad and you… you don’t deserve that, Okay?” at this she lifted her head and turned to me. Her eyes were fixed upon the ground.

“No summer, I… “I cut off her by waving my hand.

“Do you know that I like you?” she looked at me confusingly and nodded her head. I smiled.

“I always liked you, you had that spirit of talking confidently and walking bravely even thought you know that people behind you are talking about you. You didn’t care for any one who hated you, you were strong and I always wished that once I can be as confident as you,” I shrugged and looked at her.