15 | alternate universe

Beginne am Anfang

Sighing, I get to the car and go to unlock the doors when I find the passenger side already unlocked. What the – did someone break in?

The only other person with a set of keys was Dakarai and sure he brought them to the game, but I was just talking to him! He isn't anywhere near here, so, why?

Hesitantly I inch the door open only to find Fawn curled up in the back seat – sleeping peacefully, any evidence of the emotion I'd seen her display earlier were erased, and blended over as her chest expanded and collapsed rhythmically.

How did she get in here?

I crawl in through the passenger side, closing the door silently behind me as not to wake her. Not yet at least – not yet.

I turn around in the seat to face her sleeping figure bundled up with a bulky school sweater and a silly winter hat. It was so quiet that I could hear her breathing, and the sound of her clothes rubbing against the leather upholstered seats of the truck as her body moved to inhale.

Eventually, I tapped the side of her cheek lightly, hoping the chill of my fingers on her sensitive skin would awaken her with no force at all.

After a few seconds her eyes fluttered open, and blinked a few times coming to adjust to the lighting, and the sight of me. The guy she'll never need.

"Elliott? Oh, this i-is your car. Um," She sits up flustered fumbling for words as she reaches deep into he pockets.

"Daka gave me his keys earlier in the game because I had p-pockets," she mumbles quietly, daring to look up to my eyes only once to offer the glinting metal to me.

A sheepish smile washes over her features as she explains herself further.

"Lawrence told me to w-wait outside his car, but – it was really cold," I nod her on encouragingly, "Your car was right here, and all tucked away and cozy looking – so, I went ahead and c-climbed on in,"

"Trespasser," I smirk, and she slaps my arm lightly.

"It was cold!"

"Oh, so you're cold?" I grin, before crashing into the back seat with her, arms and legs intertwining as I surround her with myself, "Still cold?" I ask with a chuckle, while she continues to lose her breath to the laughing fit overpowering her.

"Not a-anymore," she admits giggling, falling into my chest as happy tears are pressed out of here smile squinted eyes. With a sigh, her hands grip onto my jersey, and her head rests upon my heart as though I'm her pillow, and bed to recover. As if on instinct my hands surround her body, and her breathing falls steady, and peaceful.

"Fawn?" I whisper, twirling the tips of her hair between my fingertips.

"Yeah?"

"If we were in an alternate universe, would this be normal?" I ask quietly.

She looks up to meet my eyes, glances at both of them in a trance, lost in thought. Her head collapses back down, gravity pulling her under, as she smiles dreamily.

"I think so," she whispers, "I'd like to think that in a-an alternate universe we're best friends – not best friends actually, but – c-closer. Closer than we are here, and I tell you my secrets, and you t-tell me yours, and we hug. We hug a lot, Elliott. All the time, we hug,"

"So why not here?" I ask, and her smile dissipates.

"Because here I like Lawrence, and I hate you," she frowns, "And that's just the way things are around here, that's what our life's plot consists of, and – this – whatever this is – would never ever work, because you hate me too,"

"What if I didn't?" I question, thumb brushing underneath her eyes, as they flutter closed for a moment.

"If you didn't, than I wouldn't know what to say, because it would be a plot twist in the whole book analogy thing Elliott," she laughs airily, eyes blinking open to read mine, before shutting closed once more.

"Definite plot twist," I mumble, watching as her eyes fell closed for the final time, and her cell phone lit up with a text. From Lawrence – she ignored it.

≫    ≫   ≫

QUESTIONS:

Thoughts on Dakarai and Isla, the girl he said he'd been hitting on?
Think anything will come of it?

Thoughts on Fawn hiding out in Elliott's car?

Thoughts on their moment together?

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hey guys! Hopefully you enjoyed this one because I really enjoyed writing it! Thx so much for all of the support it really means the world to me!
Don't forget to vote, and comment what you're thinking!
- tat <3