Chapter Three: Vicious Cycle

Start from the beginning

        "Don't!" A hand rested against her head, meant to console her but it disgusted her and she snatched away, continuing to squirm.

        With all the commotion, it must have reached the hall, for the door flew open and a hand wrapped around the one that held a syringe near her arm.

        "You are not supposed to be in here, Mr-"

        "Tobias, pleasure to meet your acquaintance." He finished. "I know her. She'll calm if you just allow her space, won't you?" Joy couldn't see him, her sights dizzied by all the beings in the room, but she brought herself to nod as she settled herself back against the bed with deep breaths.

        A nursed remained at her side, tending to the open vein that was still spilling heavily.

        Joy would rather bleed out than have to hand over evidence of her body being pumped on illegal substances. Isaiah would not be happy at all. He wasn't too happy last time he had to retrieve her from a police station, explaining to the police with some sorry ass excuse and a promise to get help.

        "Don't stick me with nothin' until I call my boyfriend here." She hissed, shutting her eyes to everyone and increasing her brows. "I'm fine." She muttered. "Aint nothin' wrong. I just wanna call him and go home."

        And then she was hit with the realization that she had completely fucked his car.

        He definitely was not going to be light with her on that, and she believed deserved whatever came. It was her fault for driving so recklessly.

        She had no one else to call but him. She didn't have a choice.

        Noticing she calmed, the doctors loosened the restraints and moved away from her.

        "If you touch me with anything, don't think I won't have a case with this hospital." She threatened.

        The doctors decided to leave her alone, regroup and figure out a way to help, but it was clear she didn't want any.

        They left her room, leaving Tobias to approach her bedside, taking in her sunken eyes and skeletal appearance. She looked so lively under the dim lights of the club, but now she appeared to be part of the living dead.

        "You should really allow them to help you." He murmured, watching her weakly lift her arm in his direction, before she clutched his shirt and nearly ripped him over the hospital bed.

        "They didn't help me then, and they sure as Hell ain't gonna help me now." They were inches apart, Tobias' breath hitching in his throat. "And if you don't quit following me, you ain't gonna have no legs to follow me with."

        Joy then shoved him back on his heels, her attention turning to the side table and reaching for the phone.

        Tobias adjusted his shirt and straightened it out, watching her dial a number. When she spoke to the person on the other end, her tone was soft and fragile, rather than mean, like how her words were towards him.

        She had such a lovely voice it send shivers down his spine. Her utterances became even more exotic when her native tongue snuck into her english, causing excitement to pulse through him. The way each word rolled off her tongue could be described in semblance to the softness of cherry wine and the pleasurable resonance of the velvety liquid swishing around the glass. It was something any man would want to listen to after a long day at work, her voice alone so intoxicating, one would be drunken merely by having her whisper sweetness into their ear.