CHAPTER 2

Enjoy !
----------------------------------------

Home sweet home

What do normal teenagers expect when they get home from school?

I don't know....

Do they expect their parents to fuss over them? Do they expect them to ask question about how their day was?

But what I expected when I got home was an isolated house. Yes ,a house, not a home.

My mother was a doctor and so she was too busy to pay even a sliver of attention to me. Or so she said. But I knew that it is just not that. She avoided me. And this was because of that unfortunate event that occurred ten years back. She was not yet over it. Or maybe she just thought that I was responsible for it. Whatever the reason, it did hurt to see my own mother treating me as a stranger. There was always an air of civility between us. When I was younger, my babysitter, Aunt Nick as I called her, used to their to take care of me. But she died three years ago and my mom thought that I was old enough to take care of myself all alone.

So here I was all alone. Steven often stayed here but even I knew that it was not possible at all times. He too had a life and family of his own.

I waved at Steven and retrieved the house key from my bag, twisting it in the keyhole to open the door. I desperately wanted to invite him in just to fills the emptiness of the corridors, but I could not.

I removed my shoes and padded up the stairs in my room. As usual, it was a mess. Not that someone would even bother to scold me for it. I quickly changed in more comfortable pajamas and retrieved the secret stash of junk food from my wardrobe, propping myself on my bed and bringing my laptop to complete a project which needed to be submitted tomorrow.

Yes, that is pretty much all my life consisted of. And my self defense classes on every Saturday and Sunday. Yes I know my life sucked. But no one's life is perfect.

Suddenly I heard some sound coming from downstairs. Was mom back home so early? She was never home before nine. And sometimes she had nightshifts.

The sound stopped.

I stuck my head out and waited for some kind of disturbance. Then padded downstairs in socks, taking care to be soundless. Quickly grabbing a vase from a table nearby, I took a defensive position and scanned the house.

I sensed something behind me, turned my neck abruptly and had a sharp pain go there. Rubbing my neck , I realised that it was only a cat.

An adorable black cat.

I crouched down in front of it.

"How did do get in little fellow? "

It did not reply. Just looked at me with those wide golden eyes.

I sighed and took the cat in my arms.

" Let's name you , shall we?" I asked rubbing her head. " How about Oscar? "
She purred in response.

"So Oscar it is."

-------------------------------

"I don't want to leave him", I sobbed while looking at the one in question wide teary eyes. I gasped as it looked back at me with emotionless eyes. Stupid cold cat.

"I still don't understand how I am always able to deal with these tantrums of yours", Steven sighed and pulled me away from Oscar. "And when did you plan to get a pet? Whatever, just get up. We have to leave for school."

"Fine", I threw him a frustrated look. I am pretty sure we didn't look like best friends at that moment." I just don't want to go to school today. I am feeling like puking. I am sick!"

And I wasn't even acting this time. I was literally unwell. It felt like my stomach had decided to somersault continuously and get rid of all the waste I had subjected it to.

Steven gave me a look which clearly showed how much he believed me. I sighed, I have been doing that a lot lately.

"Okay! I am going. But you will regret it when you see me puking all over your expensive leather seat as you hold my hair back."

"Just get ready!"

And friends, that is how I found myself in front of the gates of hell aka school. I walked down the corridor with Steven beside me. People gave me way, probably because of the freaky expression on my face.

"Bye Scar! Meet you at lunch", Steven said as he walked away to his first class, that is chemistry. Lucky guy. Whereas I was stuck with MATHS! Which just made me more angry on the world around me.

I slammed open the doors of my class and stormed. People visibly cringed back as I glared at them, my eyes coming to rest at a guys slouched on a desk. MY DESK!

I crossed my arms and came to rest in front of that guy, when my breath got caught as he looked up at me with the most hypnotic blue eyes ever. I will not swoon. No I will not. Oh God I am swooning!

I could feel a blush coming up but I quickly composed myself and rearranging my expression, I told him in a cool voice, " That is my desk."

He smiled up at me, but there was nothing warm in it. " I don't see your name written on it."

Jerk. There was conscious was telling me not to mess with him. There was something so dangerous yet alluring about him.

But like the idiot I was, I continued.

I said more forcefully now, a underlying rage hidden in my words, " Just get up. I am not in a good mood today, and trust me when I say you don't want to deal with me right now."

He opened his mouth to say something when he was interrupted.

"Ms. Nevaeh, please take a seat." Mr. Sharma said as he motioned for me to sit at an empty desk right in the front.

" But he is sitting at my seat", I said pointing an accusing finger at that guy. I knew I was acting like a child, but I didn't care.

" He is Mr. Austin Miller. A new kid. Now you should learn to cooperate and help him. Go take a seat. "

With one last glare at Austin, who just raised an eyebrow in response, I made my way at the front desk. During the whole class I could feel him glaring holes in my back. And when I looked back, my suspicions were just confirmed.

Oh my god! I just got myself into some deep shit.

Stupid Scarlett.

--------------

Vote.

Comment.

Follow.