CHAPTER 1

Highschool Drama

Staring at my worst nightmare opened in front of me had chills running down my spine and a gasp escaped my mouth as my eyes widened in absolute terror. My fingers trembled from revulsion as cold sweat coated my forehead.

"Come on ! You're overeating, Scar. People have started staring at us. It's just a Maths textbook", my best friend Steven said not understanding my fear even the least bit.

Okay, okay. Maybe I exaggerated a bit.

Fine! A lot.

But seriously, I loathed maths with every fibre of my being. But Steven loved it. And he seemed to be determined on making me become a lover too.

So here we were, in the library . I had come here to pick up a nice book, taking care to stay away from study books, and sit on the couch in the corner enjoying myself. It was the last period of school today and the teacher was absent while the substitute didn't show up. But, just my luck, I was stuck here with him. He had the same class as mine and had decided to come along. Then came his suggestion to tutor me and he decided to give it a go right then.

But as much as I loved Steven ( the platonic kind, offcourse ) and I really did appreciate his help, it is not needed. As it will not make me love numbers all of a sudden and I think I manage reasonably well myself with   a 'B' in it. Though at time it is a little maddening as I want perfect grades.  Yes, I am a nerd that way.

I sighed and gave Steven a pained look. He smirked triumphantly and tipped his glasses on his nose. Now that doesn't make him a nerd. In fact he is quite the opposite of it. With his mud brown eyes and raven black hair, he steals the breath away from many girls. He didn't even need those glasses. He just thought it made him look smart. Idiot. He is 'the golden boy' of the school with the perfect looks and the perfect grades.

"Fine", I sighed again, this time more dramatically. "Let's get this show on the road".
And then I suffered half an hour of pure torture. I zoned out half of the time and when I started focusing a bit, I was suddenly feeling claustrophobic from all the numbers and the formulas. I mean why in heaven or hell do I need to calculate the volume of a tetrahedron. Leave that, what the fudge is a tetrahedron?!

I jumped out of my chair as soon as the bell rang and raising my hands shouted," FREEDOM!!".

The Liberian gave me dissaproving look which I promptly ignored and the other teenagers sitting there looked at me as if I had grown a pair of horns. Yes, people in school think I am weird. I have few friends, dress weirdly (that is what they, I however think my clothes are perfect and I am not going to change my looks for a group of morons) and I am very dramatic. Or so they say. It was a wonder that Steven was my best friend. But I guess it was meant to happen. Something just clicked together when we met and we had a lot of common interests. Steven knew all about me, about my father and about my family problems.
And still he stays by me, always supportive. He understands what I hide behind my dramatic nature and the wide smile.

I gave everyone a sly smile as I got a hold of my bag and tossed it at Steven, who barely caught it, and pushed the library doors open walking towards Steven's car in the parking lot. He caught up with me just in time.

"You know," he said, " sometimes I think that you treat me as your chauffeur."

" You know I love you", I said dragging out my words ."And don't be stupid. You are too handsome to be one"

His neck turned slightly pink as I pinched his cheeks.

My thought vanished as we reached Steve's porsche. Yes, he is rich and no, he is not a brat. We got in his car and settle in the comfortable seats.

"Ready to go home?" Steven asked glancing at me.

I took a deep breath.

"Ready."
----------------------------------
Thanks for reading.

Follow.

Vote.

Comment.