Contest Overview

The World Faery Society (WFS) needs your help to investigate and write the story of The Westbury Faery. The WFS is determined to answer the question: Is The Westbury Faery real, and if so, who is she and what is her story?

To begin your investigation, watch this video:

 As you can see, Dr. Beck and his granddaughter, Willow, possess compelling evidence about The Westbury Faery. However, the evidence doesn't provide the full story, which is why he's appealing for your help. Mr. Beck was reluctant to do this—the WFS is a secret organization and exposing its existence to the world is risky—but Willow convinced him that investigating and telling the story of The Westbury Faery requires the help of a passionate online community of faery believers.  

TO ENTER THE CONTEST AND TELL YOUR STORY ABOUT THE WESTBURY FAERY:

1. Explore the evidence on Wattpad using the free Aurasma Augmented Reality (AR) app. You can download it from iTunes or Google Play. New evidence will be released regularly on Wattpad and Instagram.

2. Join the #westburyfaery conversations on Wattpad, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to see what others are saying about the evidence.

3. Read others' stories and theories about The Westbury Faery on Wattpad or worldfaerysociety.org

4. Write and submit YOUR STORY about The Westbury Faery on Wattpad using #westburyfaerycontest. You can write flash fiction between 100 to 500 words or short stories between 1,500 to 3,000 words. Be sure your story answers the question: Who is The Westbury Faery and what is her story?

CONTEST CLOSES February 28th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET)

The World Faery Society will shortlist 100 of the best stories and theories that interpret the evidence and conversations around The Westbury Faery. Shortlisted writers will be selected across Wattpad and worldfaerysociety.org.

* 20 WINNERS will appear in a beautifully illustrated book, which will be published by Tiny Owl Workshop in 2017.

* 1 BONUS WATTPAD WILDCARD WINNER - the highest-voted story will receive automatic wildcard entry into the book, for Wattpad writers only. 

For more information, please read the Official Contest Rules.

TO USE THE AURASMA AUGMENTED REALITY (AR) APP:

1. Download the free AR app from iTunes or Google Play.

2. Scan the photos of evidence, either phone-to-phone or phone-to-screen. You may need to work with a friend who has another screen.

3. Watch the evidence transform and reveal even more hidden secrets!