"Do you trust me?”

He looked over at me. Only for a few seconds.

"Yes," he replied frostily.

"Do you trust me?” He asked a small smile playing on his lips.

"Most of the time,” I muttered, and gave him a wry smile.

"What do you mean by that?” Jason laughed.

"Sometimes you're just kind of...scary,” I said grimly.

I was hoping he would take it nicely and not freak out like he used to do when we talked about his behavior and emotions.

"It's a part of my job, baby. " He said, and shrugged.

I raised my eyebrows.

"All right, baby. " I mumbled back.

I wanted to ask him what his job actually was. Because even though I knew that what the The Norths was doing not exactly was helping unicorns in need, I still felt that they kept a secret from me. But I didn’t want to interrogate Jason, like he had interrogated me. When I was going to know it, it probably came automatically.

"What are you laughing at?” I asked annoyed when I saw him sitting with a smirk.

"You,” he laughed.

"Why?” I hissed and squinted.

"You're a brave one, Christine,” he sighed, and looked at me.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"You’re that kind of person you remember,” he smiled and winked at me.

"Nyeah,” I smiled.

"If you aren’t live to be remembered, you can just as well die,” Mumbled I.

We drove into the familiar neighborhood where I, after all, had lived for over 17 years by now.

"Just stop the car here,” I muttered when we were few houses from my own.

"So my parents won’t see any more than necessary, you know," I continued when I saw his confused expression.

He nodded.

"Thank you for the lift," I smiled politely, and unblocked my seatbelt.

Smiling, Jason leaned his cheek down to me.

I rolled my eyes and laughed before I pressed my lips against his cheek.

I stepped out the door and onto the sidewalk.

"See you,” I said, before I slammed the car door shut.

I had only taken approx. 4 steps up at the sidewalk before Jason called my name.

"Come over here,” he muttered. He had opened the car door, and sat with his feet out of the car.

I placed myself in front of him and put my hands on his thighs.

"Yes?"

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to him.

"If Elliott really is your friend, you better not go out with him. Otherwise it's going to be bad for him,” Jason whispered into my ear before he kissed it.

I moved my head away repellent.

I sent him a confused look before I turned around, and went up to my house.

Behind me I could hear his car turn around and drive away.

I bit my lower lip and looked down into the asphalt.