"Yes, ma," I smile at her.

I notice a Mercedes G-Wagon has parked a few metres from where Temi and I stand, and the women start moving closer to the vehicle, preening and calling out to the driver.

"Customer, come this side, I have what you need."

"I can give it to you spicy tonight."

"Come and get some shuga from me."

"Pick me, you won't regret it."

I'm too immersed in my conversation with Temi, trying to tell her for the millionth time that university isn't really bad, that she should try writing the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) examinations early next year. I temporarily forget the car until someone touches my arm, making me leap.

"How much?"

A man stands before me, dressed casually in jeans and a red shirt. He is the same height as I am in heels, dark skinned and stocky. His head is full of dreadlocks, which he has in a ponytail at the back of his head.

Where this one from come now? I think.

"Depends on how long you want me," I reply in my sultry voice.

"All night," he says, regarding me with eyes that seem a bit too cold.

I tell him the price, he nods and leads me to his car, but not before Temi gives my arm a small squeeze of encouragement. The disappointed prostitutes hiss, call me names and move away from the car.

He tells me that he has booked a room in one of the big hotels in Oshodi along Airport Road.

On the ride to the hotel, his right hand moves from the steering wheel to my thigh. He runs it up and down, and I'm surprised to find out that I'm actually repulsed by his touch. But I don't move away. I'm going to prove to myself that I can sleep with whoever the hell I want, that Maduka's effect on me isn't permanent.

"You're so succulent, you know," he tells me.

I offer him a fake giggle.

Hoe is life, isn't it? my inner voice mocks.

He doesn't say much after that, and I get the impression that this man will be a punisher in bed, the kind to not give you breathing space because since he is paying, you have to give it your all because you're not human but a machine. This one probably won't say much, no discussions, just hard core sex. I find myself missing Maduka's presence, and I brush the feeling away.

In thirty minutes, we arrive at The Golden Tulip. While walking into the huge building, my customer places a possessive arm around my waist, pulling me closer. I oblige him. After all, he is paying for my services.

Maduka's face flashes before my eyes and suddenly I feel uncomfortable. At the reception, he collects his key card and we get into an elevator to the fourth floor. The moment he closes the room door behind me, he grabs me and fastens his lips to my neck. I shiver from revulsion and my hands move up between us.

"Let's shower first," I suggest, lowering my lashes.

He's about to protest when I say, "If you shower, I promise I'll give you much more than you bargained for. We'll shower together."

I can almost see what he has in mind after my suggestion. Lust makes him grin, revealing dentition decorated by a gold canine tooth. With one last lick of my neck, he steps back and throws off his clothes. I have to hand it to him, he's fit, muscles nicely toned. I pretend to undress, slowly taking off my earrings. He walks into the bathroom and I follow after him, only spending a few seconds to tell him what a sexy body he has, how I can't wait to touch him after our bath.

"Let me get undressed," I conclude.

Quickly, I shut the bathroom door and lock it with the key I have removed from the keyhole on the inside.

"Hey!" he yells in surprise, banging on the door a bit too late.

Not interested in his expensive-looking watches, rings, chains and full wallet on the night stand, I put my earrings into my purse and leave the room with the key card. Calmly, I take the elevator to the ground floor. The receptionist curiously stares at me as I approach her counter, my heels clicking on the marble floor.

"Give him back his key card, room 411," I tell her, sliding the card towards her as I pass the counter.

"Madam, how come he's still inside and you took it with you?" she asks, clearly confused.

Near the glass doors, I turn, raise a hand to my mouth, and calmly say, "Oops. I forgot."

Once away from the parking lot, I slip off my sandals and race to the road side, where I flag down a yellow taxi and hop in without even negotiating a price.

What the hell is happening to me?

A/N-- Lmao. Oops! I chose The Weeknd's song because I feel it best describes Nwanyieze.