ten; wednesday

R I L E Y

Creak

I was startled awake by a noise; it almost sounded like a person came through my window. Should have listened to Farkle and locked it.

I can't turn over, too afraid. I felt someone sit next to me on the bed. A kidnapper, I betcha.

"Riley,"

Oh no! The intruder knows my name. I curled myself into a ball and slid under the covers. A whimper escaped my mouth.

"Riles, it's just me." the voice said sweetly. "It's Farkle, relax."

I jumped up and grabbed him. "It's just you! I thought-I thought."

"No, no. Just me." He reassured.

I hugged him and then scooted away, hands on my hips after looking at the clock. "Farkle, why are you here at one am anyways? You said see you tomorrow!"

"It technically is tomorrow, babe." He smirked.

"Fark, quit being a smarty pants."

"Never; I got a plan. Come with me. Get dressed, I'll wait outside. Bring a jacket; it's cold."

"Farkle, what are we going to do?"

"We're going on an adventure."

F A R K L E

I sat outside her window on the fire escape. She slipped out quietly, headed down and turned around to look at me.

Man, she looks amazing. Jeans, tee, jacket in tow. Curls bouncing with every step. Her brown eyes glistening.

"Minkus, we going or not?" She chuckled as she snapped her fingers in front of my face.

I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly, "Hm? Oh I was just admiring you. You're gorgeous."

She looked down at her feet and her cheeks turned a light crimson. She smiled and looked up at me with those pretty brown eyes. "Thank you."

I revved the engine of my convertible and she covered her ears. "It's loud!"

"And you're perfect, so what?" I smirked as I pulled out of the apartment complex.

We drove for a while and then she raised an eyebrow. "Wait a second, where are we going?"

"Multiple places; I'd call it a road trip sort of." I shrugged and kept on driving.

"Farkle!" She hollered.

I swerved, expecting a car, but no. I sighed, "What, Riles? You startled me!"

"S-c-h-o-o-l."

I rolled my eyes. "S-k-i-p."

She was so dramatic, throwing her hands over her heart in empathy. "What happened to you? You-you would never skip!"

"Obviously something Lucas never did for you: spontaneous adventures."

"Fark, you can't waste your education on me. You never did that for-"

"Listen. I love you more than I ever loved Smackle. In fact, I thought she could cure my love for you."

"Woah."

"I agree." I chuckled. "And, Riley, it's not like I'm skipping college or something. It's only one day."

Although I totally would skip Yale for her.

"You would?" She asked, her brown eyes big and curious.

"I-I, that wasn't supposed to be out loud, uh, well, yeah. I'd do anything for you." I stuttered.

"But, Yale? Farkle, that's huge."

"My love for you is bigger though. I am not there yet; I mean, I don't even know if we will be together. You haven't decided yet."

"I will have an answer on Sunday night, smarty. Anything else you've been thinking about?"

"This may sound nuts, but do you like the name Nova?" I asked.

"Oh, yes! Farkle, you have been thinking about baby names? As in, our babies?" She blushed.

"Well, yeah. I mean you could have the honor of having all eleven baby Minki."

She snorted through her laughter, "You think Maya would be mad?"

"Nope." I said popping the 'p'. "She sees our chemistry, Riles."

"Hm, true."

"Farkle! Oh, oops. Sorry. Uh, Farkle?"

I chuckled, "Yes?"

"They won't know where we are! They will think that we are up to no good."

"Riley, they will live."

R I L E Y

Our day consisted of IHOP, shopping, walking the beach, going to a planetarium and science museum.

When we drove back, it was two in the morning. I slipped through the window but Farkle stopped me.

He smiled, "Hey, thanks. Today was fun." He leaned in and kissed me. "See you tomorrow."

I mocked him, "it technically is tomorrow, babe."

I sat down on my bed and thought.

The way he made me feel? Amazing, complete. Chemistry? Yes. Do I like him? Duh.

But I can't. I can't love my best friend, it always falls apart, right? I love my relationship with him just the way it is.

(a/n; an adventure!! I am sorry I didn't include much of the day, but just imagine what they'd be doing. I thought the talk was important. There is a foreshadowing in there for the end of the book/possible sequel.)