Chapter Five: A Despairful Game of Hide and Seek: Part 2...

~Toast's P.O.V.

"We're from VenturianTale. The people who made this universe...."

My eyes widen and I gasped. VenturianTale? Aren't they just an organization? Why do they look.....like teens?!

"W-what.....?" I asked, confused. Bethany rubbed her arms as she looked to Jordan.

"When we were younger, we had created a universe with two investigators of the same name. We also created a smaller universe that connected to it and that consisted of a messed up and crazy family. In another universe, I had created a character that was a split personality to one of the investigators. He'd pop up from time to time, just to scare one of my siblings' characters." He said, his eyes flickering with fear. I just stared at them. What does he mean? Universes? Characters? What is happening?! I gripped my head, trying to process the information I had just got.

"D-does that mean..... None of this exists?" I asked shakily, looking up.

"Of course it exists! Why else would they be here?" Jimmy said, grinning. The siblings looked at him, confused.

"Huh?"

"If Toast, me and you guys are here, who would be acting exactly how you made us and talk the same way you talk when you act as us?" He said, keeping his grin. I stared at him, confused as to what he just said.

"I think he means that we're our own person. That's why the siblings and us are still here at the same time." Cardboard Friend said, glaring at Jimmy. Jimmy nodded, giggling madly.

"Now that everyone's been introduced, it's time to play a game!" He said, smiling insanely. I tensed while Cardboard Friend's eyes widen in anger.

"P-play?" Issac asked, his tone fearful. Jimmy grinned insanely.

"Let's play Hide and Seek!!!" He yelled, laughing. My eyes widen as the group let out a yell.

"You've got 1 minute to hide before I come find you! Better run!!" He yelled out, grinning.

"You won't hurt them when they're under my protection!!" Yelled Cardboard Friend, stepping in front of me and the teens. Jimmy simply smirked and pulled a long knife seemingly out of nowhere. He grinned and started running at us. I braced myself for a slice when I heard many rips. I looked up and I gasped at what I saw; Cardboard Friend had many tears in him and his eyes glowed dim.

"You can't break the rules of my game if you're not alive. Ta ta, little brother!" He yelled, grinning. Cardboard Friend was shaking as he fell to his knees, gripping his chest.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you..... Run... Now before you're out of time...." He told us weakly before he collapsed onto the ground. White light surround his body and he disappeared. I heard a few yells and gasps when it happened from the teens behind me. I was shaking with anger and fear as I looked up at Jimmy.

"Well now, let's get this game started shall we?!" He yelled, looking at all of us.