1. Sarah

"Nancy get off the bed. Look you scared the shit out of him, thank you very much, let's go!" Sarah Bailey prayed the girl would listen to her but they fell on deaf ears.

"No! He's gotta pay," Nancy Downs pouted.

Chris decided to get bold with the girl. "You're just jealous!"

Nancy turned to him in disbelief. The irritation and anger at his accusation were clear as day on her features.

"Jealous? Jealous?" She jumped up from the bed. "You don't even EXIST to me!"

Sarah watched in horror, unable to move. Nancy was too far gone and she didn't know what would happen.

"You are shit. You...are...nothing!" Nancy slowly glided towards Chris Hooker, her pointed heels scratching against the carpet flooring. "The only way you know how to treat women is by treating them like whores... when YOU'RE the whore. And that's gonna stop!"

Chris backed away from her in horror as she grew ever closer.

"Do you understand? Do you understand what I'm saying?" Nancy let out a deranged snicker.

Chris nodded his head, unsure of what she would do. "I'm sorry." He croaked out, hoping that would get her to back off.

"Oh, he's sorry! He's sorry! He's sorry! He's sorry! He's sorry! He's sorry! 'SORRY' MY ASS!"

Wind exploded through the bedroom, responding to Nancy's raw rage. "No!" Sarah's scream was overshadowed by Nancy's. The window panels burst open and Chris flew back through the opening, falling over the side of the home.

Sarah screamed herself awake. Sweat clung to her skin as her chest heaved in and out. Frantically looking around, she found herself in her own bedroom. She wiped the tears from her eyes and rose from the bed quickly rushing to her bathroom. She grabbed one of the many bottles of pills off the sink, twisting the bottle open. She swallowed three of the pills and closed her eyes counting down from ten.

Nancy's screams still echoed in her mind. Screams of anguish.

The lights of her bedroom flickered wildly on and off. Seeing this, Sarah breathed in and out, calming herself down. The lights went back to normal. She was used to her powers going off the rails, especially with her recent string of nightmares. "Calm down Sarah, everything's going to be fine."

She looked at herself in the mirror one last time.

"Everything will be fine."

✨✨✨

Iris Bailey finished combing through her hair. Taking one last check at herself in her bedroom mirror, she adjusted her clothing and made sure her swim uniform was tucked into her backpack. Heading downstairs, the smell of her mother's cooking hit her nose instantly.

Sarah turned to say good morning until she noticed how tired her daughter looked. "Oh, honey, what's wrong? Didn't you get enough sleep?" She placed a plate of food on the dining room table in front of her.

"Not really," Iris answered hesitantly. She didn't have the heart to tell her mother that her screaming kept her up all night.

"You weren't on the phone with Julie all night were you?" Sarah responded while fixing her own plate. "No... I kind of couldn't sleep because you were screaming in your sleep again," Sarah stopped and turned to look at her. "Oh Iris, I'm so sorry." She placed a hand on her shoulder.