Chapter 2

I cleaned my entire house with a rage, all the while thinking about the horrible guy next door who'd insulted my laddoos yesterday. I washed the floor, dusted the shelves and replaced all the mats. Soon the house was speckling clean.

Soon, there was a ring on my front door. I opened it to reveal that guy.

"Here, take this, rude girl. This is what a real laddoo feels and tastes like." He said, and handed me a plate of fresh glistening laddoos.

"Like I'd ever eat these!" I said angrily and shoved them towards him.

"Look, I can't let you think that the ones you made were really good. As a sous chef, I can't let that happen." He said, and he stepped inside my house.

"Did I invite you in?" I asked, but I let him in anyway. "And I don't care about your opinions at all. I don't care that you are a sous chef."

He simply nodded and took in the sight of my house. "Wow, you have a really untidy house."

This little bitch! How much I wanted to strangle him!

"What's your problem? Get out of the house!" I said, leaning towards him to push him towards the door. He immediately popped one of those laddoos into my mouth, making use of my momentary lapse of judgement.

"Taste and then decide." He grinned.

I had no choice but to accept defeat, for the laddoos melted the moment they touched my tongue. They so delicious and tasty. He was a really good cook."It's delicious." I gushed.

"Of course, not a surprise." He said.

"Where do you work at?" I asked him. He plopped himself on the sofa. This guy was really doing whatever he wanted!

"At the Le Continental. Right on MG Road."

"Oh that one? Isn't that a five star hotel? I hate that one." I said immediately.

"Why? Is it because you don't understand refined taste ?" He said.

What the hell?

I stood up and waved my finger,  warning him. "Don't be such a prude. While you people charge exorbitant amounts of money from the customers, you don't even keep the portions big. They are too small. My stomach doesn't even feel full."

"That's because they aren't comfort food. They are meant to be eaten in just the right amount." He said.

"Just like how your laddoos can't be eaten more than one." He added.

By now I was practically fuming with anger. "You must have spent a lot of money on these laddoos, on the nuts you've decorated with. I, on the other hand made it with leftover ingredients. Now tell, me who's the real winner?"

The corners of his mouth turned into a devious smile. "Fine, let's have a competition. We'll both use the same ingredients, and use the same method, and I'll show you how average your laddoos are."

This idiot needed to be thought a lesson.

I pumped my fist in the air. "Let's do it!" I wasn't the one to go down without a fight!

"I look forward to it," He said and made his way towards the door.

"Don't just come and go randomly and decide on your own, you idiot! Teach me how to make first, triangle face." I said, huffing.

"Okay, rude girl. I'll teach you."

A/N: three more chapters for the end!