|| six ||

Shailene

"You understand I'm going to have to take your keys?" The bartender cautiously eyes me, and my lack of clothing.
"Oh for sure man! Ah, I'll get my ex lover, kind of friend, maybe new partner, to pick me up!" I grin giddily.

As I push myself up, I sway and a wave of nausea rolls over me. I sigh.
"Well that isn't fun! My food wants to splash outta me mouth!" I burst into a fit of laughter, "me mouth." I must be British? Like Theo? He is British right?

"Dear me, little Miss Shailene." My eyes widen, new person? Oh, and how I love her accent! The Irish just rolls off her tongue! I stick my tongue out, wondering if I could speak Irish too?

"I'm over here hunny," I turn quickly, and am instantly taken aback by her beauty. Her face... so familiar...
Although she is beautiful, something in brain pinpoints a hatred set up for her.

Oh, what is her name? Twelve shots , and two margaritas, I assume it's a miracle I'm standing.

"Shailene, you're to drunk off your ass to recognize me aren't you dear?"
"Uhm, yes."
"Well isn't this riveting! Very much off your guard, I must admit. How cruel it must be for me to want to take advantage of this. Ah, I've already ruined your life enough I suppose." Her wink at the end, and the scent that floods my nostrils when she flips her and turns to walk, is what triggers my senses.

"Ruth," my oh-so happy mood has disappeared.
"By golly! You do remember!"
"Ruth fucking Kearney," it's as if I'm unable to speak anything but her name.

"Yes, that does happen to be my name."
"Are you two dating?" It tumbles out of my mouth before I'm able to stop it.

Curiosity is as simple as breathing for me. Curiosity is a fatal sin, I'm sure.

"Oh hun," she smiles, and gently pats my shoulder. "Of course not. You made sure of that." My eyebrows draw together before I feel the force of a shove being pummelled into my shoulder.

"You conniving little bitch!" I imagine her blond hair falling from her, dropping to the floor and turning to fire; horns growing on either side of her balding scalp; a tail flickering with ashes.

A moment ago, thins were as normal as they could be. But now, in front of my lies the blonde devil.

"Yes!" She snarls. "I did fuck over your relationship! But I didn't even know he was in one! You were completely aware, when you invited him to your apartment!" A sway for a moment, caught off guard.

Invited? I most certainly, did not invite Theodore over to my apartment. He showed up, for bloodies sake! I bite down hard on my lip, trying not to giggle, 'bloodies sake' is that Irish?

"Uhhhhhhhsshhh," I don't know what I intended to say, but it came out as a jumble.
"God!" The horned girl screeches.

"I did not inviteshhh him," I speak as clearly as possible, my fists balling up in concentration.
"If you weren't so drunk, I'd almost be sure you weren't lying," she pauses, reaching into the back of her darkened jeans pocket.

"Here babe," she smiles. "Look through mine and your lovers texts."

A foul taste fills my mouth, and I'm certain it's not due to my intoxication.

R: Where were you? Dinner?
T: Oh God. Ruth I'm so sorry.
R: You forgot?
T: Something like that.

I was used to forget? To forget her?

R: Be straight with me.
T: I'd rather not.
R: I'm not asking if you want to.
T: Shailene invited me over.
R: Oh
T: Well
R: I don't know how to feel about that.
T: Neither do I

I drop her phone, and hear a faint gasp from the blonde as she scrambles to catch her phone.

"Shailene?" She finally uses my real name, which allows me to see her as a person now.
"Ye-s," my voice breaks off at the end, due to the tightening in my chest.

"You didn't invite him over did you, dear?" I look up at her green eyes, which I always imagined to be a bright bloody thirsty red.
"He came over Ruth. I didn't invite him... I, I didn't."

Her whole body softens, and she shakes her head. Her lips purse, and I see she's fending off tears.

Because she is human too. Unfortunately I have come to this realization in my drunken form- oh well. Ruth Kearney was also hurt, so by that we're on the same boat.

"I will no longer be in your way. I've grown tired of this mans games," her voice is hard, but by the way her shoulders shake I'm certain she's ready to cry.

"I don't want him to choose me because you're no longer an option," I say, although my voice wobbles. "I may be drunk, and you may hate me, but I'm still me. And knowing myself I don't want Theo to love me because I'm the only one left."

"Oh Shai, you're so drunk."

a/n: HSJSKKSLAWLD im such a failure:) fairly certain it's been over a month since I've updated. the more love you show to this chapter the more inspiration i get!! luv you guys:)