Chapter 9

He pulled out a chair for me and I sat. He walked to the other side and did the same for himself. We made eye contact basically having a conversation without words. "I love you, Peter," I said to him.

He put his arm over the table and reached for my hand. While holding my hand across the table he said, "I love you too Darling" I was smiling ear to ear. "What would you like to eat?" he asked flirtatiously.

I smiled again, thinking 'What do I want to eat?' "How do you feel about Italian food?" I asked.

"I don't care, as long as you're here eating with me," he said.

I chuckled, "Oh, don't be cliché." He smiled and snapped his fingers green smoke piled over everything in the restaurant. I coughed as the smoke restricted my breath. Slowly but surely the room cleared from the green gas. The world was black...

....

My eyes opened in what felt like a second but obviously wasn't. I sat up and looked around, the romantic restaurant set up was gone, the room looked like mine back in London. I jumped up and looked around.

The door shot open and a figure walked through. Scared of what Pan could have put in this room I jumped into the bed and covered my head.

"Wendy," a sweet-sounding familiar voice said. Slowly I uncovered my head just under my eyes so I could see.

"Mom!" I ran into her arms and hugged her tight.

"Where in the world have you been?" She asked losing the sweetness in her voice and gaining anger. "A young boy came last night late and dropped you off. He said he found you by yourself in the middle of nowhere."

"I got lost. I didn't know where I was or how to get back. While I was there I met... a friend and now I'm home," I said to my mother. She looked at me weird but believed my story. "Do you know where the boy who dropped me off went?"

"He said he was going back home and that hopefully, he would see you soon. He was a cute boy," she replied. As those words were spoken I could feel my heart shatter into a million pieces. I already missed him. Mom smiled and walked out of the room. I closed the door after she left. I sat a the window looking into the sky wishing I saw Peter flying by those two stars. Sadly he was not there and whatever we were is no more.

I sat there for hours just looking and looking. "Please... Come back, for me, for you, for us," I whispered to the Neverland stars. Then a gust of wind blew through the window and a rose with a note attached flew into my lap.

The note read, 

"Dear my precious Darling,

I've sent you back home, where you belong. I know this is what you wanted and I can't be selfish and keep you here. I already miss you and I hope you miss me too, but this had to happen. In case you're wondering I have gone back to Neverland to be with the lost boys. I want you to know that because of you I have become a better person, and I love you for that. I sent the rose of our love with you. Look at it when you have a bad day and need to know that I still love you. Goodbye, forever Darling...

Love, Peter Pan"

As I read those words tears rolled down my face and onto the paper. I carefully folded the paper then looked at the rose. All petals still attached all love still there.