How Can I Ever Get Past This Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I sat down on the bed as Stephanie rummaged through the closet. I just sat there and watched her humored. Today was the game of the game and she was searching for something to wear. I laughed at her. It really wasn’t that serious to me.

"Steph it's not that serious." I told her.

"Well to me it is" she replied.

"So what are you wearing?" she asked me

"I don't know yet" She looked at me

"What! The game is less than three hours and you don't know what you're wearing" What was the big deal why was she acting all out of control?

"You don't know what you are wearing either" I told her.

"But I'm looking" She replied "there is a difference" she added.

"Well I'll wear whatever you decide to wear if I am comfortable in it" she looked at me then went back to looking.

Stephanie and I were always wearing the same thing for spirit nights and games. It was kind our thing now even though this is the first game and there has only been a couple of spirit nights. The chosen outfit was a blue jean mini skirt but it wasn't that mini otherwise I wouldn't have worn it, a blue tank top with a green scarf, and green foot flops. We put on blue eye shadow with glitter and blue eyeliner. We stood in a full length body mirror and took pictures. We looked cute to my surprise.

When we arrived at the game we sat in the student section near the field. Stephanie had made signs with Josh and Trent's numbers and names on them. I thought she was personally going a little bit over the top, but hey what do I know. The game started about thirty minutes after we arrived. Both teams came out on the field. The other teams colors looked so familiar to me but I left it alone after a while of thinking. Me and Stephanie were sitting down bored when the announcer yells.

"Trent Williams has got the ball and he's running for a touchdown, Is he going to make it" That definitely got Steph going

"GO GO GO GO GO Go baby keep going wooooooo go baby" She shouted

"Trent has made the touchdown, he dodged to players of the opposing team who could of stop him, James Hardly easily could have tackled him and Nate Bailey could have prevented that touchdown" the announcer yelled. I felt my body go numb. That's why those colors looked so familiar. They were from the college in Tallahassee. The college that half of the football players from my high school were recruited to. I felt like I was going to throw up. How could he be here? Why was he here? Well I know why but Why?

"Sydney you okay" Steph asked. She interrupted my thoughts.

"Um yea I'm fine sorry" I sat down. So many emotions were overcoming me. So many thoughts were running through my head. My mind was about to go into overdrive from all of the thoughts that were trying to be processed. How? Why?

"Sydney come on!"

"What where are we going?" I asked her.

"The games been over for about twenty minutes I was waiting for everybody to clear out" I must have really been ut of it. My mind had just drifted into another world.

"What who won?" I asked.

"We did silly. Are you sure you're okay" She asked.

"Umm yeah of course lets go" We were walking towards the exit when Stephanie took an unexpected turn.

"Where are you going? We came in this way" I said pointing towards the exit

"We are going to meet the football players they get out in just a few" I nodded and started following her. We were waiting outside the door, when a door down the hall opened up. Players from the other team started walking out. Can my life get any worse> I froze I just knew that face I didn't want to see was going to come out soon. I turned the opposite direction and looked at Stephanie.