Riley

Hey! So this is my first fan fic, don't be too brutal please.

Riley's POV

I sprint out of my new apartment, heading down four flights of stairs, so I can get to my car.

"I'm so late! And on the first day too!" I think out loud while I head down the last flight of stairs. "I'm gonna get fired before I even write anything. I'm gonna be a laughing stock. Ugh! I pray nothing else can go wrong."

"Omph!" A man groans as I crash into his chest and fall on top of him. There goes my prayer.

"Oh my god!" I push myself off of him and I brush myself off, "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going. It's just I'm new in town and right now I'm really late, so I don't have time to look where I am going. And when I do crash into people I tend to ramble, if I'm rambling I'm sorry. It's a problem and right no--"

The man puts his hands on my shoulders, "it's fine, I wasn't looking out either. And yes, you do ramble." Barry puts his hand out for me to shake, "I'm Barry Allen, and you are."

Barry Allen? As in the Barry Allen? The forensic assistant that secretly went to Starling City to solve the case about the first Mirakuru victim? Huh, small world.

I shake his hand, "Riley Miller."

Barry gives me a warm smile and steps back, "I'll let you get to your first day of work." Barry walks off, but he stops mid step and turns back around to me, "you really shouldn't say what you're thinking in public, unless you want someone to hear."

My cheeks turn bright red as I watch Barry Allen disappear into the city.

Something tells me I'll be seeing him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm here! I'm here!" I yell as I open the door into Picture News, everyone shoots me a glare because I distracted them from their work. I run up to my editor-in-chief, "I'm sorry I'm late. My alarm didn't go off, then the elevator broke down in my building, so I took four flights of stairs, the I crashed into someone, and then I couldn't find my car. To sum it up, I'm so, so sorry. Please don't fire me."

Mr. Smith chuckles, "it's quite alright, but don't make it a habbit. It's understandable that you were late, you're new to Central City." I thank him and I head to my desk, but Mr. Smith calls, "Oh and Riley. Mr. Smith is too formal, call me Andrew."

I nod, "okay....Andrew. And I'll be on time, I promise."

I open up my new work computer to see what Andrew assigned me to. Oh! My! God! I am assigned to write an article on Dr. Harrison Wells, since the Particle Accelerator is launching next week. This is amazing! I have loved Dr. Wells and his work for years, and this Particle Accelerator can change Central City. Hell, it can change the world.

As I'm writing some notes about his past awards I hear the entrance door slam and a man starts screaming, "how dare you talk trash about our police department?! We've done nothing, but try to protect the people of Central City!"

Andrew walks up to the man, "why look who it is, Detective West. You say you're trying to protect the city? Because if you wanted this city safe, why aren't the Mardon twins behind bars?"

The detective gets right up in Andrew's face, "you don't think we've been trying to get those two in jail? Our team has been working our asses off!"

I run up to the both of them, "how about I take Detective West out for coffee and have a little chat on this matter? Plus, I can try to get more intel on Harrison Wells."