"We saw Sabina's past, at least a part of it. A Wilder named Dorthea bound her magic when the Queen kidnapped her. They dyed her hair, did everything they could to make her look like the real Princess and hide her true Wilder nature, but Sabina's real name." He took a deep breath and looked at Addrick. "Is Alyssa."

Addrick growled and jumped up from the couch. One foot knocked over the chest pieces in his rush toward Ry. He grabbed his tunic and lifted Ry to his feet. They seemed to move in fast forward, a blur of motion trailed behind Addrick when he jerked Ry to him, slamming him against the wall, cracking it. Fire burned around his hands, burning Ry's tunic and singing his skin. Kira leaped to her feet and tried to reach the boys, but Addrick released one hand from its grip and pointed it toward her. She flew backwards from an invisible shockwave and hit against the far wall.

Air rushed from her lungs. Pain rocked her spine as she rolled on her side and looked back to Addrick. One hand gripped Ry's neck, fingernails digging into his skin. Kira opened her mouth to shout at him, but she still remained breathless and her shout came out as squeaks. Her eyes moved to the sound of Sabina running down the stairs, Kira's sword in hand. She'd forgotten she left it in the master bedroom; she hadn't needed it since arriving to New Calandria.

"Put him down before I gut you," Sabina shouted. The tip of the blade pressed into Addricks back when she reached him. "I may have been raised a Princess, but you can bet I know how to use this."

Addricks upper lip quivered, a snarl rising in his throat. The sound was a cross between a human growl and a leopard roar. His eyes turned to their leopard yellow when his body whipped around to grab the sword with his free hand. Sabina shrieked when he pulled the sword from her hands and tossed it across the room. Blood spilled from the wound created by the sharp blade. It dripped against the floor, pooling in a puddle at his feet. The bloody hand reached for Sabina.

"Enough!" Myra's voice boomed through the room, stopping Addrick from grabbing the startled Princess. "I wiped yer bottom when ye were a babe, don't think I won't smack it now, Addrick. Put that lad down right now and calm yerself."

Addricks hand released from Ry's neck. He crumpled to the floor, gasping for air. Kira pushed herself to a stand and rushed to Ry's side. His body was heavy as she pulled him into her lap and turned her head to look at the elder Wilder. The women's grey hair hung around her shoulders in a rumpled mess. Strands glinted in the dancing fire light, shadows hugged wrinkles which seemed as though they'd deepened since Kira last saw her.

"What in the Gods name is going on in here? I could feel the magic all the way down at the seers circle!"

"Ry was telling Addrick about what he saw when a seer—"

"Used blood magic to create a lie," Addrick said with a snarl, interrupting Kira. "Rylanne is a fool for believing it so easily."

"Who is a bigger fool? The one who believes a lie, or one who assumes it to be a lie before the facts are known?" Myra asked.

"It's—"

"Enough, lad! Let Kira speak. I want to know the facts first before I pass judgment and since it appears ye have nearly crushed Rylannes throat, he can't speak for himself."

"Ry thinks Sabina is Addricks sister Alyssa," Kira said.

"What?" Sabina gasped, a hand rising to her mouth. Myra shuffled to her. Her wrinkled hands touched the Princess' face. She tilted Sabina's head to either side, squishing her cheeks. Kira couldn't tell what she was searching for. She nudged Ry off her lap to better see what Myra was doing. Sabina's eyes were locked on Myra. Myra released her grip and turned to the others.