Daddy Issue's

(The Gilbert Residence)

Bella's POV.

I've been lying in bed for what feels like hours just thinking about Damon, I thought sleeping in my own bed for a night would be better than waking up in a cellar. I'm suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when Elena comes barging into my room, but I just go back to staring at the ceiling.

"I can't believe Johns back, what is he even doing here?" She asks me as she falls backwards onto my bed "Bella?" She asks me and she pulls my arms so I'm sitting up on my bed.

"I broke up with Damon" I tell her, and she looks at me with a confused expression, but I know she's secretly happy about it.

"But... Why, I thought he really liked you. And this is Damon we're talking about, he barely likes anyone" She tells me and I just roll my eyes at her.

"I thought he really liked me too, but what he said to me yesterday made me think otherwise" I tell her and she pulls me into a hug "Anyways, why don't we go down stairs and get John to explain why he's here" I tell her as we pull away.

"Alright, come on" She tells me as I pull the covers off of me and I slip on some black ripped skinny jeans, a maroon crop-top and my matching maroon converse.

After I got dressed, me and Elena made our way down stairs to find out why John is here. We walk into the kitchen and we find him drinking a cup of coffee.

"Morning" He says to us as he turn the TV off.

"What are you doing here?" Elena asks him as I grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Coffee?" He asks us, but I decide to get straight to the point.

"We're not doing that. We did that last night. No more avoiding. Why are you here?" I ask as I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"I'm here to protect you both. That's all I can say for the moment" He says to us in a relaxed tone.

"What do you mean that's all you can say?" Elena asks him confused.

"I'll tell you more when I'm convinced I can trust you both" He tells us, I'm was about to say something but Jenna and Ric enter the kitchen.

"What the hell?" Jenna asks as she sees John standing casually in the kitchen.

"Good morning to you, Jenna. Alaric..." John trails off.

"It's okay I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever" Jenna tells him.

"Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in" He tells her, as he looks over at Elena.

"You know, I'm uh, probably just gonna take off" Ric says before he looks at me and Elena then leaves.

"I'm still confused here" Jenna points out.

"I decided to come back and stay for a while" John tells her.

"Not here, you're not" She tells him harshly, but not harsh enough.

"Actually, you can't stop me from living here" He tells her, what does he mean? Just because he's out farther doesn't mean he can stay in the same house as us.

"Actually I can, as legal guardian" She tells him as she points to herself.

"Yeah, about that...um, Elena, Bella, you want me to explain the situation, or would you two like to do the honors?" He asks me and Elena, that some of a B****.

"Okay, what's going on?" Jenna asks us confused.

"I'm sorry, Jenna. We should have told you earlier, but--" I try to say but John cuts me off.