The Return (Edited)

(The Gilbert Residence)

Bella's POV.

I start to wake up and I open my eyes and see that I'm lying in my bed, I sit up and try to remember what happened before I past out but all I can think of is the dream I just had, I kissed Damon and I liked it. I then hear the front door open so I go and investigate. I head down the stairs and I see Stefan through Elena over the sofa.

"Stefan, what are you doing?!" I shout at him as I run after my sister, but Stefan stands in front of me.

"That's not Elena, That's Katherine." He tells me as he turns around to look at her.

"At least I fooled one of the brothers." She says, and Stefan uses his vamp speed to push her up against the wall.

"Feel better?" She asks him, but he just pushes her against another wall as someone begins to open the front door.

Stefan looks to see who it is and Katherine takes the opportunity to grab his arm, bend it behind his back, and throw him down on the floor. She smiles and rushes out of the house. I then see Elena and Damon enter the house, and Stefan stands up from the floor immediately.

"Stefan, Bella?" Elena questions as she looks at Stefan who was just on the floor.

"Elena?" Stefan asks, unsure if it's her.

"What happened?" She asks running over to Stefan.

"Katherine happened." Damon tells her.

After I told Elena what happened, I started to remember what happened with the burning building and Lincoln, but I only remember up until I slit his throat the rest was blank. Me and Elena enter the kitchen where Stefan and Damon have been talking, and Stefan walks towards Elena as I take a seat on on a stool.

"We told Jeremy, we can't lie to him anymore." Elena tells them.

"Are you alright?" Stefan asks her, as he rubs her arm.

"No, I'm not alright. Katherine was in this house, that means she's been invited in, what are we gonna do?" Elena asks worried, what if next time she hurts Jenna or Jeremy.

"Move." Damon says with a smirk.

"Very helpful, thank you" She says sarcastically, as she sits next to me.

"Katherine wants you two dead; there's zero you can do about it; you would be dead but you're not. So clearly she has other plans." Damon tells us, that is a good theory.

"Right and we need to find out what those other plans are and not provoke her in the process." Stefan says to us.

"John must know something. There has to be a reason why Katherine tried to kill him." I say, speaking up for the first time.

"She's Katherine. She loves to play games and you're fooling yourself if you think you're going to find out what she's been up to before she wants you to know." Damon tells me.

"No, actually Bella's right, John could know something through Isobel. Your mother, she was in touch with Katherine so maybe we can go to the hospital and get him to talk." Stefan says, that is a good idea.

"I've got a better idea." Damon says, gathering everyone's attention.

"What's that?" I ask him.

"I'm just gonna ignore the bitch. And in the mean time, we can figure out what you are." Damon says looking at me.

"How about we figure out why Katherine is here first, I can wait." I tell them, trying to avoid the situation. My friends and family come before me, always.