Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Scarlett’s pov

His beautiful brown eyes meet mine.  I am once again amazed by his light brown hair.  But something is off with his face.  His face has all kinds of bruises and cuts. Above his lip is a short scar.  On his neck he has many scars, which makes me assume that they have been taking his blood. But even with all his awful cuts, I still feel love for him.  I’m unsure if the love is greater for him than it is with Niall, but this love is real.

He notices me admiring him and smirks.  I can tell that he has missed me. I have missed him so much. The past couple weeks would have been much easier if he had been there.

The start of my time there had been the worst. Zayn had taken away my virginity. I had planned to do it with Jake.  We had done everything except the virginity. We had both touched in unexplainable ways. But never the virginity.  We were going to do it the day of the matching. We had planned it all out.  But his match was royal and had requested him on early matching. He had been taken from my arms at 7 am.  We never had a goodbye.  I didn’t eat anything the day of the matching. I was heartbroken. I had known him my whole life.

We had met when we were 3.  I had fallen down at the park while running. He helped me up and brought me to his babysitter. The vampires weren’t ruling at the time. We became fast friends.  All through our schooling we were best friends. The night of the Vampires take over he was at my house. We were going to stay up until 12 for the first time ever. We did it, and when it became the new-year we fell right asleep.  The next day our city went from one of the most populated in the world, to one of the least populated in the world.  At 8th grade graduation, our whole class teased us about being friends.  On the first day of 9th grade he asked me out. We dated until the matching.  If I ever get out of the hell house I will go to Jake.  I love him with all my heart.

Niall takes my hand and we sit at the table. Jake is sitting across from me. Next to him is a gorgeous brunette.  She is sitting next to Louis though.

“Scarlett this is Eleanor and Danielle. They are both Vampire princesses.  Eleanor is dating Louis, and Danielle is dating Liam.” Harry explains. 

Many servers start coming around and placing weird dishes in front of us all. All of a sudden a kick hits my shin from under the table. This was Jake and mine signal to meet in the bathroom.

“Can I go to the bathroom Niall?” I ask.

“Of course.” he responds. I get up and find my way to the bathroom I wait a minute or two and Jake comes running in.

“Jake!” I shout. He pulls me into his arms. I miss his grip on me and I love it.

“Oh Scar I love you so much!” he responds.  I look up into his eyes and love it.

“I missed you so much Jake. I love you so much.” I say.  He pulls me into him again. Then he lifts my chin up. I feel tears start to make their way into my eyes. But tears of happiness.  He puts his soft lips on mine. His bottom lip caresses mine. I moan into the kiss.  I have missed the feeling of his lips on mine. I swipe my tongue over his bottom lip. I am urgent to kiss him. He lets me enter his mouth, but he takes the lead.  His tongue massages mine. My hands find their way to his hair and I start to pull at it. He moans into my mouth and I moan back. His hands feel their way up and down my body. He leads me to the floor. I start to lie down on him. He continues feeling me. I love the feeling. “I love you,” I say into the kiss. He responds with the same thing.

Then two rough hands find their way to my arms. They pull me up from him.

“JAKE!” I yell.  My voice comes out raspy but loud.  I struggle against the persons grip. But they are too strong for me. “JAKE!” I scream again.  I look down at him, and see Niall attacking him. “NIALL STOP! JAKE PLEASE!” tears are streaming down my face.  All I want is a good life.  Niall gets up and I see Jake’s body on the floor. He is limp. His clothes are ripped up and he is bloody. Bruises are covering him again, and a pool of blood is starting to surround him.  My heart just drops. “YOU MURDERER! YOU KILLED HIM! JAKE PLEASE WAKE UP FOR ME! JAKE I LOVE YOU! PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME IN THE HANDS OF THESE AWFUL PEOPLE! JAKE PLEASE!” I yell. The hands that have me in their grip throw me over their back.  I realize the body as Harry’s. I continue to struggle against his grip. He throws me in a car and Niall gets in next to me. I can’t take him so I look the other. I continue to sob. Niall killed the love of my life. Eventually Niall picks me up. He runs me to my room and throws me on the bed.

“Why are you crying honey?” he asks calmly. 

“Why am I crying honey? Don’t fucking honey me! You just killed the love of my life! You know you fucked up my life. If it weren’t for you I would have married him and had a good life with kids!  You just decide to take over my life and then come here and kill him! I had a good life ahead of me! I am smart, and I wish I could go to college. My mom told me about college. Where you get to pick your classes and meet knew people. Then at night party all night long and get drunk. Then go off with a random guy and fuck them! I was disgusted at first, but know I wish it were my reality!  Because you ruined my life. You took me from everything I love.  So you know what. I will refuse to get an abortion!  I would rater die with the stupid baby than live on like this!  You made me wish I were dead! You are making me suicidal! You are going to make my life a living hell! I can’t believe you! So just go to hell Niall!  I am tired of the back and forth! One day I think you love me, but then twice today I feel like I want to die because of you!  Just go to hell” I scream. 

His eyes start to soften but I don’t care. His eyes look sad and I know I have the upper hand with him right now.“I’m sorry,” he mumbles, “Why don’t you just go shower. I’ll get out of your way.” he says. Then he closes the door.

I walk into the bathroom and strip of my dress. Before I left for the party, I thought I looked like hot shit, but now I feel like shit.  My makeup is running down my face. My hair is all over the place. My eyes are red and puffy.  I turn the shower on.  I get in and it doesn’t feel hot enough.  I continue to turn the heat up.  I have it super hot, and I am surprised it isn’t the hottest. But it probably is a magical shower.  I look down to the floor of the shower and see it. I pick it up.  I turn the heat to the hottest it goes.  It is burning my skin, and I can tell it is going to leave a mark.  I start to shave my legs and by accident I cut myself. Instead of hurting it feels good so I start to cut myself all over my legs.  In the back of my mind I fell so stupid, but I keep going.  I start to make cuts on my stomach and arms.  my whole body is filling up with cuts.  The burning water washes away the blood, and the shower floor is turning red.  I keep going, making the cuts deeper.  I can’t take my life.  The water is burning like hell, and I know I am on the verge of conscious.  I hope that Niall doesn’t notice, and I end up dying on the floor. I continue to let the water burn and make marks.  Then I go to my face.  I make on single mark, and the blood rushes out.  I quickly feel light headed.  I suddenly fall to the floor and hit my head.  It makes a gash and I feel blood rush out.  Soon I black out with the burning water hitting my body and a pool of my blood surrounding my naked body.