Chapter 10

Drake: so Nicki's birthday is coming up, and I was wondering if you knew if she's busy or not?

Drake asked as he and Lynn walked towards their next lesson.

Lynn: I remember her saying she was going out with some of her girls, but she didn't say much else

Drake: would this be on her birthday weekend because I did want to get a chance to hang out with her for a couple of days

Lynn: I'll find out for you and let you know. Did you want it to be a surprise?

Drake: of possible yes, but it's alright if she does find out...

-

Nicki opened the door to find Lynn stood there with her parents and her younger brother. She moved out of the way and welcomed them in, giving them each a hug before directing the to the living room, where everyone else was mingling among themselves.

She had decided to host a house warming as not many people had had the opportunity to see her new home. She'd left it so long so it could be a joint do with her birthday which was next week.

Lynn: look at you bringing everyone together for the first time in a little while

Nicki: I know, aren't I a good person

They walked over to the kitchen where Nicki was just finishing dealing all the food with the help of her mother. Lynn greeted her aunt before helping to prepare all the food and taking it to dining room.

Lynn: I still don't understand why you have this massive house all to yourself, especially since

She looked around to make sure they were the only ones in the room and lowered her voice.

Lynn: especially since you like the younger lads

Nicki widened her eyes and glared at her.

Nicki: well I have this massive house because I want a massive house. I like having lots of space and it's just means there more places bae and I can have fun when he comes round

Lynn: better not have done anything in here because if you have that's grim

Nicki winked at her before heading off to grab more from the kitchen, leaving Lynn quite stunned...

The dinner went fairly smoothly and everyone enjoyed plenty of laughs between them. Nicki and Arilynn were now busy loading the dishwasher and making sure everything was nicely put away.

Lynn: so are you doing anything else for your birthday

Nicki: hmm

She thought for a moment as she put things into her fridge.

Nicki: well I was thinking of going out Friday night. I already had dinner with the girls so we were thinking of just going to the club after that, but aside from that nope

Lynn just nodded.

Nicki: why do you ask

Lynn: I was just wondering. You not doing anything with your bae?

Nicki: nothing I know of. He's probably busy or whatever.

Lynn: fair enough. Anyway come on you've got guest to host and I want to join in with the games

Nicki just chuckled and rolled her eyes before she follow Lynn to the living room where they joined in the family fun.

-

Drake sat in his room wrapping Nicki's gifts in preparation for tomorrow, when there was a knock at his door.

Drake: come in

He said before putting the tape to holding the wrapping paper in place. He looked up to find his mother intently watching him.

Sandi: who's all this for?

She asked curiously.

Drake: someone special

Sandi: you have a new girl friend you haven't told me about?

She said before walking to sit at the edge of his bed.

Drake: something like that

Sandi: when am I gonna get to meet her? Are you gonna even tell me about her

Drake: I would but I think it'll be better for you to make that decision when you meet her...

Nicki turned off her car after parking it and looked at he appearance in the mirror. She had decided to make a little more effort with her appearance due to it being her birthday but of course she didn't expect anyone to notice.

She picked up her bag and got out of her car. She locked the doors before she walked into the school building and to her room. She walked in and closed the door behind her and when she looked up she was surprised to find Drake stood there with a bouquet of flowers in one hand and a gift bag in the other. A smile makes its way into her face.

Drake: happy birthday baby

He gave her a smile and she walked over to him. She wrapped her arms around him and placed a kiss on his cheek as he wrapped his arms around her as well. They pulled away and he placed the flowers on her desk before handing her the gift bag.

Drake: open it

Nicki looked inside to find a few wrapped up gifts, which caused her to chuckle.

Nicki: which one?

He reached in and took out the smallest box and handed it to her.

Drake: this one

He passed it to her and she placed the gift bag on her desk. She opened it to find a Cartier box. She opened the box and found a rose gold bracelet. She gasped and looked up at him.

Nicki: why would you spend so much money on me

Drake: you like it?

Nicki: I love it. But you didn't have to

She pouted and he chuckled.

Drake: as long as you like it. That's all that matters.

He leaned in and kissed her cheek before taking the bracelet and placing it on her wrist. He then looked at her to find smiling at him. His hand gently rested on her cheek as he leaned in and gave her peck on the lips. He pulled away and just looked her in her eyes.

Nicki: thank you baby

Drake: you're welcome.

He moved away just as Arilynn made a fairly loud entrance into the room.

Lynn: HAPPY BIRTHDAY

They both face her direction and chuckled. She was stood holding a few helium balloons and a gift bag.

Nicki: thank you babe

Lynn: I see someone already beat me to it

Drake: only just

Lynn: well she's obviously gonna like you present better

Lynn rolled her eyes and sighed causing them all to laugh. Nicki then walked over to her and held her in a tight embrace causing Lynn to do the same.

Nicki: not necessarily. Maybe I'll like you gift better. Now are you going to let me open it

Lynn stepped out of the embrace and smirked at her cousin causing Nicki to now be the one to roll her eyes...

---------------------

I know it's short but at least it's an update right? I'll update again soon.

Much Appreciated

_PaintedPyramids X