Chapter 8

The bell rang signalling the end of the school day and Nicki happily dismissed her class. She watched with a small smile as they all frantically packed away ready to be away from that building. She took a seat at her desk and began typing a response to an email from one of her students.

She tapped the send button and went through some of her other emails before she heard a knock at her door and the click of it opening soon following after. She smiled at the familiar face that had made there way into the room.

Nicki: Hey, Mr. Ealy how are you?

Michael: please call me Michael and I'm fine thank you, and yourself?

Nicki: I'm splendid. And feel free to call me Nicki

She typed for a few more moment before she closed her laptop and and gave him her full attention.

Nicki: so what brings you by sir

Michael: nothing really. Just thought I'd come and find out what you're up to.

Nicki: well it's nothing exciting I can assure you that. I assume you don't have much marking to do either

Michael: Nope. Finished it all. Seeing as your free can I interest you in a chat over Starbucks?

Nicki: don't mind if I do. Let me just pack away everything and we can be on our way...

Nicki sat swirling her spoon in her coffee as she listened to Michael speak.

Michael: how have you settled in now? I hardly ever see you in the staff room

Nicki: yeah, I have gained some kind of friendship with some of the other teachers, but it's cause I usually have arilynn around so I don't need to, and some of the time she's not around I prefer to spend getting some of my marking done so I can actually have a social life

They both chuckled.

Nicki: being I'm still fairly young I do like to go out and have a good time every so often and I won't get that chance if I leave my marking to do after the school day

Michael: that's very true. I saw you talking to Miss London there other day, aren't you friends with her

Nicki: yes definitely. I mean I am friends with the other teacher as well I just don't speak to them outside the work environment. I mean I went to dinner with Lauren and it was really nice like we had a nice talk

She took a sip of her coffee as he did the same.

Nicki: speaking of which, how was your date with Taraji the other day? You never told me how it went

Michael: it was good. We're taking it slow we don't wanna rush into anything serious, but it's baby steps and if that's what wants then I'm willing to comply

Nicki: aww that's cute

He just blushed slightly and focussed more on his coffee to avoid her seeing his slightly rosy cheeks.

Michael: enough about my love life, what's going on in yours

Nicki bit her lip and looks down as she tried to work out the best way to approach that topic.

Nicki: well I've kind of just recently go out of something. I wouldn't really say it was a relationship as such seeing as it was mostly one sided but you know. I'm chilling for the time being seeing what's out there. There is a guy in my life at the moment right now so I'm not single as such

She blushed a little.

Michael: at least this guys seems to make you happy

Nicki: very. Our relationship is very different from the norm but it's better than what I was previously in. 

Michael: well as long as you're both happy there's no problem at all

Nicki just smiled to herself, thinking about the confirmed friend she and Michael had. From that moment in she knew he was someone she could confide in but she wasn't ready to completely open up to him yet; definitely in the near future but not quite yet...

-

Nicki sat scrolling through her phone with her wine glass in hand as she chilled in her living room. She didn't have any marking to do which was odd for a Wednesday but she wasn't complaining. After her coffee date with Michael she'd made her way home and once she was done eating her dinner which was made up of the leftovers from her tai takeout the night before she just decided to relax.

Her phone buzzed and the banner appeared at the top of her screen, signalling that she had a new message. She smiled as she read it.

Hey Beautiful, I miss you. I didn't get to see you today, how are you? -Aubrey

It was such a simple message but the fact that he always seemed to make sure she was alright whether it was in person or by text, it still made her happy to know he cared.

I'm alright babe. How are you? I miss you too ❤️ -Nicki

She waited as the small grey bubble with the three dots appeared and not long later.

I'm good babe -Aubrey

The small bubble appeared again so she waited before responding to his message to what it was he was going to say, and she was a little confused when she did see the message.

Open the door -Aubrey

She furrowed her brows and though for a moment before she placed her glass down and went to do as he had asked.

There he stood with a bouquet of roses in his hand and a small smile on his face. She chuckled slight before she moved out of the way so he could make his way in. She closed the door behind him and turned around to take the roses he was holding out of his hand as he held them out to her.

Nicki: thank you baby

She took them to her kitchen and put them in a case with water, whilst he made his was to the living room and got comfortable. Not long later she was joining him.

She wore a small pout after noticing he was now sitting in the place that she was previously very comfortable in. She glared at him as he chuckled at her child-like behaviour.

Drake: stop sulking and come here

He said as he patted his knee. She rolled her eyes playfully, before straddling him and placing her hands on his cheek. She leaned in and placed her lips on his as his warm hands slipped under his t-shirt she was wearing and caressed her back. They lost themselves in the kiss and only pulled away so that he could completely pull the top off of her body. He skilfully unhooked her bra and it wasn't long that his kisses were moved from her lips to her chest.

He looked up to find her watching him with her lip lightly between her teeth. He took one of her nipples gently between his teeth and watched as her eyes closed and her breathing hitched slightly. He pulled away and left a trail of kisses up to her neck. He spoke softly into the crook of her neck, but she heard him clearly.

Drake: you missed me baby girl?

She gave a small nod and he gave a light chuckle before standing with her in his arms and taking her up to her room...

--------------------

Okay yes I did neglect this book but it's okay. I'm back on track and I know where I'm going. Vote and comment tho

Much Appreciated

_PaintedPyramids X