Chapter 9

Nicki fixed the small tan belt on her white trousers before she slipped into her black flats. She also wore stripped black and white floaty blouse and her wrist was adorned with simple Cartier bracelets and her Michael Khors watch. She had curled her hair today and had made some effort with her makeup.

Once she was happy with her appearance she made her way downstairs and out of the house with everything she needed. She drove to Starbucks, where she picked herself up some breakfast before heading to work. She was in a good mood and she was glad to finally be in a happy place with someone she was falling quickly in love with.

She walked into the building with her bag in one hand and her coffee in the other. On her walk in she bumped into Miss London who she found herself having a humorous conversation with as they walked through the corridor. Her light chuckled echoed slightly and it managed to catch the attention of drake who was busy trying to put things in his locker. They made brief eye contact and she winked at him which caused him to smirk.

Tyrell: Moving up the leaderboard, drake

Tyrell said to him after having witnessed the encounter.

Tyrell: You'll be smiling all day just cause of that small gesture

Drake just chuckled and shook his head.

Drake: One day you'll understand, Tyrell

He said as he closed his locker.

Drake: She's actually perfect, like she's got it all

Tyrell: Well she's clearly good at her job. I mean look at your grades.

Tyrell responded to his statement, causing drake to kiss his teeth. He didn't bother to explain the real reason to his sudden improvement in the subject, and was happier waiting for the day Tyrell found out himself...

Nicki: Right so if we look at question 2 from the textbook, is everyone able to complete that for me?

She didn't get a response as she expected.

Nicki: I'll take that as a yes

They all chuckled and she did too.

Nicki: it shouldn't take you too long and when you've done that, if you'd like to get the other text book and reading through the passage on page 24.

She let them get on with their work as she wrote on the board the two tasks she wanted them to complete for the first half of the lesson. Once she was done putting the tasks on the board she sat and replied to a couple of emails before she stood and decided to get the books from the cupboard for them.

Whilst she was finding them she felt a pair of hand on her hips causing her to turn around only to be met by drake. He smirked at her before leaning in and kissing her temple.

Nicki: stop it

She whispered but it clearly didn't stop him. He leaned in and kissed her, whilst his hands caressed her ass and she kissed back until she remember the setting and pushed him away slightly.

Nicki: you're gonna get us caught.

She whispered again before turning and finding the textbooks she wanted. She then grabbed enough for the class with Drake carrying half of them and handed them out to the tables. Once he got back to his desk, Tyrell just gave him a side eye and he chuckled.

Drake: what?

Tyrell: I should be asking you that. Spent a little too long in there

Drake: can't miss an opportunity can I

Drake winked at him and Tyrell just shook his head.

The end of the lesson didn't take too long to approach them and drake took this as his opportunity to actually speak to her, knowing he wouldn't get the chance later. Luckily everyone else left at the end of the lesson, everyone but Arilynn.

Drake: what are you doing Friday night?

He asked as he moved closer to her and tucked a strand of her curled hair behind her ear.

Nicki: nothing at the moment. Why do you ask?

Drake: I wanna take you out

Nicki: what if I say no

Drake: you're not allowed to say no.

He kissed her temple before moving away from her a bit, but took her hand into his and interlocked their fingers.

Drake: I'll text you more details later, but I just wanted to ask you in person.

He kissed her hand before he let her go and walked out of the classroom, leaving her with a smile on her face.

Lynn: you done?

Nicki just kiss her teeth before rolling her eyes. She took a seat by her desk and began typing away on her computer.

Lynn: I'm not gonna lie, you two are adorable. It's still taking some getting used to though

Nicki: you'll soon adjust

Lynn: yeah I guess so. At least your happy though and you don't have Byron messing you about anymore

Nicki: I wouldn't say that quite yet

She just bit her lip and looked up at Lynn who gave her a look that suggested she wanted her to go on to explain.

Nicki: he's still trying to contact me and he's still trying to wort things out and I really can't be asked with him

Lynn: why though? Where is he getting the time cause last I remember, he was too busy to even see you

Nicki: you're not the only one. But I also don't want to tell drake cause I know what he's like

Lynn: yeah he'll cause too much hassle and land you both in trouble...

-

Coach: right boys, I felt you needed some pushing in your training. I don't think I train you guys well enough. You're slacking

Chris: well we still haven't lost a game yet

Coach: key word, yet. At this rate you will soon.

Just as he finished that a group of men walked into the gym some being teacher the guys knew and others being completely new faces. The team just watched as they walked towards them, all dressed in some sort of exercise attire.

Drake: who's this

Coach: if you just waited Graham I was getting to that part. These are your opponents for the weeks that we can, because they might just be the push you need.

Sean: and you scared we can't take them coach? I'm mean we're not that bad

Coach: we'll see about that

He just chuckled as the team looked at him still very confused.

Coach: 5-aside please. Captains for tip-off

Drake walked towards the centre on the basketball pitch whilst another fairly tall and muscular guy did the same. He was dark skin, but not too dark and had a build that was a little bigger than Drake. He reached out his hand and he and drake dapped before introducing themselves.

Drake: I'm drake, nice to meet you

Byron: I'm Byron.

Fairly quiet discussion took place as everyone else decided who would play so they could get the game running.

Mr. Ealy: take it easy on us boys. We haven't played properly in a while.

Drake: you snooze, you lose Mr. Ealy. There's no mercy in this game...

-------------------------

Vote. Comment. Etc. More updates soon.

Much Appreciated

_PaintedPyramids X