5

Serena's PoV

Dawn was still talking to Ash, they sat in the corner of our shared room. I sat on my bed brushing sylveon, and trying my best not to eavesdrop. Naturally it failed.

"Remember when Zoey told you off for not understanding the difference between gym battles and coordinating?"

"Oh yeah!" Ash laughed. "I still can't tell the difference!"

"Idiot!" Dawn giggled.

Is it fair to say I didn't really like Dawn, and I didn't like seeing Ash happy because of her? Maybe it wasn't... But I can't help wishing she would just shut up.

"Dawn, have you realised it's 9pm?" I asked.

"It's okay Serena, we can celebrate! Dawn's here!" Ash said, smiling. I sighed, but I can never really be angry at Ash.

"I guess... How about I go check on Clemont and Bonnie in the other room?" Without waiting for his reply, I walked out, glad to be out of sight of the blunette who surely had her heart set on Ash. "Sylveon, you stay there!" I called, as I closed the door. As I made my way to the opposite room I almost bumped into someone, making me fall.

"Hey, watch- Oh, sorry!"

I looked up. There was a girl, with brown hair and blue eyes, wearing clothes suited for a region like Hoenn... very suited.

"Are you from Hoenn by any chance?" I said, scrambling to my feet.

"How did you know?" The girl asked.

"I could tell by your clothes."

"Cool! My name's May, I'm a coordinator."

"Wow! I'm Serena, I'm a pokemon performer!"

"Hey, do you happen to know a trainer with black hair and brown eyes with a pikachu, and a surname of Ketchum?" Said May.

"You mean... Ash?"