1

Ash, we need to go! Come on!
Ok, Dawn, I have to go, Bye!

Wait, Ash-

See ya Dawn!

He hung up, and I sighed.

I couldn't. I just couldn't get over it.

To be fair, Kalos wasn't that far. Sinnoh was only as beautiful as the unkown, and I knew all of it. At least I thought I did.

I'd never met anyone like Ash before. The way he cared for his pokemon and how he trained- it was just incredible! I really missed travelling with him. Now he's in a different region with different travelling companions, and a different girl, his childhood friend, called Serena, with honey-blonde hair and crystal blue eyes.

How do I know that much about her? Because Ash told me. He would go on and on about her and how she won her princess keys in pokemon performances. Back then I said I'd like to see what performances were like, but now I felt more like saying I wanted to murder her.

See, it's complicated. But I've just figured out... Or admitted to myself, that I liked Ash... Like liked him. Eek.

I buried my face in my pillow, playing with my buneary plush.

"Pip! Piplup!"

"Shut it, piplup."

I usually wasn't this bad-tempered, but then Ash hadn't called me for ages, and I couldn't get to him.

"Piplup!"

"Just get back into your pokeball."

I returned piplup and rolled onto my back. Just then, my phone beeped. It was a text

Sorry, Dawnie. I was out with Serena-

What?!?! Since when- I calmed myself down, and read the rest of the text.

-And Clemont and Bonnie, and guess who I saw? May! And she brought her brother Max too! Max and Bonnie are getting along really well, but May seems really sad and annoyed by something. D'you know what it is?

no idea, I replied. Maybe something happened with Drew.

Yeah, Maybe. Night then, Dawnie! Say goodnight to Piplup for me! ❤️

night ash!💕

I put piplup's pokeball in my bag, and lay on my bed staring at the ceiling, which I'd painted bright blue. Everything in my room was blue- my duvet, my bed, the walls- and recently covered in Ash's letters and pokemon stickers. I'd even bought a new duvet with pachirisus dancing on top. I've got a real soft spot for cuteness. And that's not just in pokemon.