Chapter fourteen

Liam's pov

Grace must still be mad. It's been two hours since I called a break, but she hasn't called. Maybe she's at Nialls. Or Chelsea's.

"Kyle," I say aloud. That made my stomach flip. I don't want her to be with him. I pray she's not with him right now.

**Grace's pov**

"Thank you for coming," I say looking at the floor.

"Not a problem. Besides it's your mother's birthday," Niall hugs me.

"Chelsea is in the kitchen getting everything ready," I smile at him, but by his face he knows I'm upset.

"Have you called him?" He asks looking over at my phone. I shake my head.

"Do you want him there?"

"Not if we end up fighting again," he nods and smiles at me.

"I have to run to the flower shop," he kisses my forehead.

"I'll meet you there," he says closing my front door. I nod and walk into the kitchen.

"Niall is going to the flower shop," I say smiling.

"Okay. Do you want to help me cut strawberries?" She asks handing me a knife. I nod and take a handful out of the pack.

*Ring. Ring. Ring.*

Chelsea's phone was ringing.

"Excuse me," she says wiping off her hands. I hear her mumbling something, but I couldn't quite here what she was saying. It annoys me that I couldn't hear her. She walked back in the kitchen with a smile.

"What?" I ask popping a chocolate chip in my mouth.

"Niall," her smile gets bigger.

"What about him?" I ask shoving a handful of chocolate chips in my mouth.

"He just called to check up on me," she said bitting her lip. She was trying to hide her smile. Them two remind me of puppy love.

"Liam," I said loud enough that only I could hear. It's been about two hours, I had forgotten about him. Maybe it was the fact that I knew he would come back, but he also called quits. What if this was the end? He probably don't want to even talk to me. I feel my breath shorting. I am about to cry my eyes out. I just know it. Just then my stomach turned and my eyes started to fill up with tears.

"I'll be back," I tell Chelly as I run up the steps.

***

We were finally at my mother's grave after about an hour of crying. I was sitting on a blanket across from Niall and Chelly. We were eating chocolate covered strawberries and laughing at stories of mom. Niall introduced himself and said told mom about how much he loves Chelly. I talked about Liam to her, but had to stop because I would start to cry again.

"Grace, lookout," I hear Chelsea mumble as Niall walks away. I turn around to see Liam holding flowers, a box of chocolate, and a present. I rolled my eyes and and turned around, taking a sip of water.

"Grace?" Liam says, sitting down his stuff. He didn't say anything else, but sat beside me.

"I want to talk about some stuff now that we both are cooled off. Can we?" I sit there in silence. I had no idea on what to say to him. I cross my arms over my chest.

"You called break. Shouldn't I be the one begging for you back?" I huff.

"Really Grace?" I roll my eyes and sip my water again.

"Liam, I love you okay. I just don't understand why you won't believe me about the situation," Liam sighs.

"It was a joke alright. A joke. My mother got my cousin to do it just to be stupid. My family does that, but you took it too far. You thought I was cheating,"

"I took it too far? You went along with it thinking I was crazy! Liam, I thought you gave a fuck about me. I guess not though," he sighed and took my hand.

"I know. I know it was wrong, but I didn't want you to hate me and I thought it would blow over and honestly I didn't think my mum would go that far," he inhales deeply and looks at me with puppy eyes.

"Don't think I'm just going to open my arms wide and except you in my life again, but I do want to start over because I love you. But Liam, so help me god, if you ever do this again I will erase you from my life and never talk to you again," he smiled.

"I understand," Chelly roll her eyes.

"Liam, if you don't mind. It's our mothers birthday. Can we get back to it?"

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to crash your party, but can I stay? I want to get to know your mother too," Chelly smiled and nodded.

"Mom, this is Liam. Give him a third chance," I say laughing. Liam rolls his eyes at me. This fight isn't going to be our last.