Imagine #196 ~ The Red Headed League (Ravenclaw!Reader)

Imagine rearranging the book on your lap as you and Remus discussed it, much to the dismay and boredom of James whenever he wandered over. You were currently sat, crossed-legged on a scarlet armchair, next to the roaring fire of the Gryffindor Common room. You preferred the fire's here since they were warmer and livelier than in the Ravenclaw Common room - they were more refreshing and controlled there.

"I'm pretty sure that his assistant is guilty, and the whole league is a definite ploy of some-sort, " Remus began, carrying on as you nodded with him, " I think it's because he is stealing items from the store while Mr. Wilson is away."

"Remus, this is why you aren't in Ravenclaw," You quipped jokingly, "Obviously it's a ploy, but I think his assistant is planning something much bigger than petty theft. Why have him away for several weeks if he was just taking a couple things?"

"You might be on to something there, Miss. Holmes." He said smiling. You smiled brightly, maybe even blushing a little, grateful someone was here able to theorise and talk to you about you favourite books without mocking you.

"How's it going lovebirds?" James taunted, suddenly popping up, making Remus jump. He started laughing loudly, "Geddit? Birds? Like you're a Ravenclaw?"

You leant back on the couch and glared at him. "Go away, Potter." You sighed, turning a page.

James walked off, still laughing, across the room as a bouncy red-head strolled through the portrait hole and towards the two bookworms, "Evans!"

Lily ignored James' call as she plopped down next to you, "Which Sherlock Holmes story are we discussing today?"

"The Red Headed League." Lily ran her hand through her hair, smiling proudly, "Have you read it?"

"I don't think so..." She admitted, tapping her bottom lip before sitting forward, a hungry twinkle in her emerald eyes, "Fill me in."

After you and Remus had recounted the story to the point you were at, Lily started to theorise as well, "This definitely is fishy," She pondered, sitting back, "Maybe it has nothing to do with the plot line suggested, but the answer is in a different perspective-"

Suddenly, Lily was interrupted by two loud Gryffindor's, seemingly to finally have enough of the clever talk and join in on something more fun.

"Watcha reading?" James asked as he jumped over the back of the couch and onto Remus and Lily's lap.

"Sherlock Holmes." You said nonchalantly, not looking up from your page; Sirius made a sound between a scoff and a bark as he settled on the back of the sofa.

"Why do you even read that stuff?" He inquired.

"I find it intellectually stimulating and I like to use my brain." You replied sharply and Remus snorted. Sirius, sightly offended, puffed his chest out.

"I use my brain." He proclaimed.

"If you call using your brain, being obnoxious, then I agree." You articulated, finally looking up to the frowning teenager.

"Know-it-all." Sirius muttered. Remus pushed him backwards onto the floor. James chuckled and poked his head around the sofa watching the curly-haired boy scramble up and grumble, "That wasn't nice, Moony."

"I don't think you're in a position to decide what's nice or not, Black," Lily snapped. James opened his mouth to defend his friend, "Or you, Potter!"

"Hey, I didn't do anything!" James protested.

"Apart from flaunt your ego and interrupting a conversation," Lily retorted.