Chapter 10: He doesn't care!

Mary's P.O.V
Nov. 3rd, 02:00 EST, Downtown Gotham

"Attention passenger! We have reached the end of the line," KF said skidding to a stop. "Welcome to Gotham City, a beautiful place to get mugged. We hope you enjoyed the ride and hope you consider, 'Kid Flash Transportations', the next time you are brutally attacked. Thank you and we hope to see you again, real soon!"

I stood on the ground and cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Wait. That came out wrong!" He nearly shouted.

I chuckled.

"I'm really, really sorry!" He said, sounding like he was begging for forgiveness. "I didn't mean it like that, at all! I meant, I hope not to see you again!"

I started to laugh.

"Wait, no! I mean, I DO hope to see you again, just, when I don't save you from an attacker!"

I laughed harder.

"No! I me-"

"Dude!" I interrupted him, while trying to stop my laughter. "Just stop, before you dig the hole any deeper!"

"Sorry..."

"What ever," I smiled and rolled my eyes.

He gave a nervous smile, then looked at his wrist computer, "I should get going, dad'll kill me if he finds out I've been out all night."

"I got to go too," I told him. "Agent A is probably freaking out!"

He nodded and was gone in an instant.

Hope I see you again, too...Did I seriously just think that!? I think I got a concussion.

******
03:00 EST, Wayne Manor, Gotham City

I was finally at the gate of the Manor when I felt like I was going to collapse.

Come on, you can go a little farther. Oh Alfred, please, please, PLEASE, be home!

I was about to enter the gate when something hit me.

"What if they're still here? What if they told Alfred there was a break in and I called them?" I whispered, then the worst thought of all came into mind.

What if they took, Alfred? Oh, please no!

The cloud of worry, covered whatever common sense I had and I ran up the hill, an adrenaline rush pulsing through me.

I got to the patio when I noticed something that was, off. When I kicked the woman through the door earlier, I busted it, there were splinters of wood flying everywhere and you heard the crack of the poor wood breaking as the woman went crashing through the door.

It-it's fine? What the heck!

"Forget it," I whispered. "The less I gotta explain, the better."

I turned the knob and slowly pushed the door open.

What the?

The place was completely clean, everything was the way it was before the break in.

"A-Alfred?" I called sheepish, slowly opening the door. No answer.

I walked in and closed the door carefully. I walked further inside. "Alfred?" I called a little louder.

Still no answer my heart started to race.

"Alfie?" I was starting to cry with fear. I ran up the stairs.