Chapter 13: My Super 'sister'

Mary's P.O.V
19:00 EST, Wayne Gala

Lian and I are standing in the middle of the room. I have a blue dress on -the shade of Nightwing's symbol, of course- it cuts off, just above my knees, with the dress I have black flats and a small black overcoat.

Lian has a red dress hugging her body and stopping at her knees, the thick straps formed to her shoulders, her muscular toned arms looking kind of strange with the dress, not that I'm one to talk.

The only reason I'm wearing the jacket is to hide my muscular arms. There was only one Gala I went to without something covering my arms and I had to think of a believable story on why a 'little rich girl' like me, looks like she's been at a gym ever day for years.

"Shouldn't you tell your dad where you're at eventually?" I asked Lian, I felt like we were standing in silence long enough.

"I'll do it later," she grunted looking around. She seemed on edge.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just scoping."

"Wh-"

"Jeez!" She said clearly annoyed. "Who are you, The Question?"

"No..." I looked straight ahead avoiding eye contact with her.

Despite the chatter around us we went silent again.

Wasn't this fun at one point?

"Hello!" Lian and I both jumped and turned around.

I smiled, "Hi, Ollie!"

"Hey, kid," he returned my smile and rubbed my hair. "Who's your friend?"

Lian cocked an eyebrow at him. He gave her a small side smirk.

This is going to be fun!

I know they already know eachother, but I got to keep up the act.

"This," I said throwing my arm around Lian's shoulder. "Is Lian Harper!"

She jerked her head in a greeting.

"Lian, this is Oliver Queen. I'm sure you know about him, y'know being from Star and everything."

They shook hands. "Hello, Mr. Queen. Very nice to meet you," she spat out. She hates being polite, especially to people who already know her. Oliver seemed to be stifling laughter.

I smirked, "Nice to see you here, Ollie!"

"Nice to be here," he said smiling, his goatee lifting with his lips. "It's been quite a while since we've talked."

"Sure has," I said faking excitement.

Yup, a Gala five years ago. A villain less than a year ago.

"Well, ladies," he said, pulling me out of my thoughts. "I'll excuse myself, and get out of your hair."

"Later, Queen," Lian said nonchalantly.

"Maybe I'll see you before you leave, Ollie," I said.

"Maybe..." he said. He brushed past Lian, who watched him over her shoulder until he dissappeared in a group of people.

"You seemed pretty hostile toward Ollie," I told her.

"Hm?" She asked. I was guessing I caught her off guard.

"Nothing..."

"Hey," she said, giving my should a quick pat. "I'm gonna go do something...I'll be back."