☇Chapter 9: Meet the Kid Flash! ☇

Mary's P.O.V
Nov. 3 2032, 01:00 EST, Unknown Location

My eyes fluttered opened and my vision was filled with gleaming lights. I slowly stood up, wincing in agony, I grabbed my side as a sharp stabbing pain flarred through my body. I lifted my shirt slightly, revealing the darkest bruise I've ever seen.

"Jeez," I said, examining the bruise. "...and I thought falling out of the tree left a mark."

I heard a shuffling noise behind me and wheeled around, to find no one was there. I narrowed my eyes and from instinct I reached for my belt, at least where my belt should have been. I looked down to my waist to see my belt wasn't there.

"My belt!" I muttered, my voice followed by more shuffling. I followed the noise, but still saw nothing.

Forget this, I'm leaving!

I started to slowly walk in the direction of the door, I only moved about one foot when I suddenly felt a gust of wind and heard a voice behind me, "You sho-"

They cut off as they dodged the fist I just swung at them.

"Whoa! Hey!" They shouted.

They held their arms up to protect their face.

Bad move, dummy!

Their arms were close enough for me to grab, I latched onto their wrist and spun in a semi-circle, releasing them when I planted my foot on the ground to stop the rotation. They rolled across the floor, landing in front of some cardboard boxes.

I looked around, noticing dusty conveyor belts, boxes with foam packing peanuts, and a big shipping claw.

Huh...Factory.

I looked to the person sprawled out on the floor and started making notes in my head, as I do with all enemies or allies, it helps when fighting.

Gender: Male, Height: (about) 5' 11'', Body Structure: Lean and well toned, Hair: Blonde

He started to wake up. Despite the current distance, I backed up.

He groaned and pushed himself up. I walked backwards toward the door, I kept my eyes on him as I turned around. He looked at me.

"Hey, wait," he said standing up. "Don't leave!"

I shrieked in surprise when he was instantly in front of me. On instinct -now knowing he's a guy- I kicked him between his legs as hard as I could. He dropped to the floor holding his groin in pain.

"Ah," he groaned. "What was that for?" He asked, his voice three octaves higher than before.

"Sorry..." I said, "It's, uh...kind of an instinct 'attack' when fighting guys..."

"I'm guessing you fight alot of dudes," his voice is down an octave. "...because you got good aim," he exhaled sharply.

"Thanks?"

He took another sharp breath and seemed better. He stood up and held his hand out to me, "I'm, Kid Flash."

"Batgirl," I grunted ignoring his gesture.

"Ooh," he breathed. "The hot, hero, babe from Gotham!"

Okay...he seriously asked for this.

I kicked him between the legs again. Sending him to his knees...again.

"Oh! Would you please not do that...anymore!?"

"Be a good speedster and I'll stop," I mocked.

His voice was high again, "It was just a joke! I'm not like that...at all!"